Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixed feelings on that VAR ****. I felt it worked

Mixed feelings on that VAR ****. I felt it worked

When they looked at something which happened just before the ball went dead like the Maitland-Niles penalty, but it felt weird with the Fabregas one when play continued for a while after the actual incident.

On balance I’m not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    When they looked at something which happened just before the ball went dead like the Maitland-Niles penalty, but it felt weird with the Fabregas one when play continued for a while after the actual incident.

I didn't like it. felt American. we are going to have loads of added time from now on.

The playing on bit is weird. what if they score then they have a look to see if it should be a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I didn't like it. felt American. we are going to have loads of added time from now on.

The playing on bit is weird. what if they score then they have a look to see if it should be a penalty.
    Well, if they score they wouldn't look (why would they, unless it was for violent conduct which could still result in the red card). If we had broken down the other end and scored ( ) that would be a whole different can of worms

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well, if they score they wouldn't look (why would they, unless it was for violent conduct which could still result in the red card). If we had broken down the other end and scored ( ) that would be a whole different can of worms
    I suppose it's new so I'll give it a go.

What if they score, but indeed it was a penalty. We could have saved the penalty. ( )

it'll end up like rugby where the referee ends up referring 3/4 of all tries to the VAR.

It is also time to have open time keeping for the match imo. When VAR is instigated the clock should stop. That will save the ridicules c.10 minutes of added time at the end of 90 mins.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    it'll end up like rugby where the referee ends up referring 3/4 of all tries to the VAR.

It is also time to have open time keeping for the match imo. When VAR is instigated the clock should stop. That will save the ridicules c.10 minutes of added time at the end of 90 mins.
    I've long thought that football matches should be 60 minutes of playing time with the clock stopping every time the ball is out of play. In effect, that is about the amount of time spent playing anyway, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

I hope it doesn't become where everybody starts to challenge every single goal and any sort of physical contact in the box could be come a long boring game.

I hope it doesn't become where everybody starts to challenge every single goal and any sort of physical contact in the box could be come a long boring game.
    Wenger has said for years that they should have a challenge system like in cricket/tennis - still quite random at the moment

Call it paranoia (probably is) but I felt they were looking for any way to give the penalty to Chelsea rather than stick with the original (and correct) decision. Whereas our appeal was turned away almost instantly

I don't particularly want to watch managers doing the TV charade as per Conte last night. Will get very tedious, very quickly!