Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen in Tesco lately the massive stacks of unsold, discounted, Alcohol-Free

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. Because it if WES likes something, it is surefire proof of it being shít. FACT.
    You mean like Arsenal?

Oh, hold on...

Prune beer is known to shift the system
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Wesley have you ever considered going on a coach trip or a cruise ?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Ten pints of anything will result in healthy and robust bowel movements the following day.

I now have about a dozen bottles of homemade cider maturing on my shelves at home. I am curious to find out what its effects on my digestive system will be. I suspect the effects of the early stuff (before I honed my technique) will be deleterious.

Have you stopped worrying about that sludgy white film on top of your brew ?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No hypocrisy whatsoever, Ash.
    You sneered at a beer, and insulted anyone who liked it, and then turned round and castigated beer snobbery in the next sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Prune beer is known to shift the system
    Don't need to, SOD. I believe Doombar is made by the same people as Atlantic, is it not?

Quite wonderful stuff is Atlantic, probably my favourite at my local. I have also recently discovered Harveys as my local began serving it, also quite wonderful.

But Doombar has a vile, acrid finish which makes me nauseous. The sort of bitter that gives bitter a bad name, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You sneered at a beer, and insulted anyone who liked it, and then turned round and castigated beer snobbery in the next sentence.
    Real ale > lager = snobbery

Beer ABC is sh1t = personal opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Have you stopped worrying about that sludgy white film on top of your brew ?
    That was on the rhubarb stuff and is apparently quite normal. I panicked, however and used a campden tablet to stop fermentation. This resulted in a pleasant, but light beverage. I've made no such compromises on my cider, which seems to range from about 6.5% to 8% depending on the batch. I made some with pear and apples that I think may be my best so far.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Real ale > lager = snobbery

Beer ABC is sh1t = personal opinion
    There is no doubt that real ale has vastly more complex flavours and notes than bog-standard pub lager, which apart from anything else, is too cold to taste anyway. You might as well compare water with ale. So, if we are talking about flavour, then yes, real ale is better than lager because it actually has some. Not snobbery. Fact.

If you happen to prefer lager, that's fine. However, there is no denying that it is a vastly less sophisticated and nuanced drink than ale.