Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Parking in first without the handbrake.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I was nearly hit on a roundabout this morning when I decided to pull out just as the engine decided it wanted to turn itself off to be 'green'.

There are some things in my car I don't want to be automatic.
    I sometimes used to have this problem where the car would decide to speed up as I am turning a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Load of old nonsense. I'd pop the relay.
    Yes. Trouble is that I've no idea what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Just find the fusebox in the engine compartment and pull out the fuse/circuit breaker/relay which governs the auto handbrake.

Obviously this might control some other electrical function as well, but hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I sometimes used to have this problem where the car would decide to speed up as I am turning a corner.
    Jesus wept. These dreadful modern contraptions you lot drive sound fiendish!

Thank goodness I've got a proper decent, honest, antiquity to drive around where I'M in charge.

Just find the fusebox in the engine compartment and pull out the fuse/circuit breaker/relay which governs the auto handbrake.

Obviously this might control some other electrical function as well, but hey ho.
    Hmmm. I think I'll give it a miss, tbh. Anyway, I'm handing it back this year and will not be getting another European car for obvious reasons.

Do the blighters not have control panels and settings menus to allow the user to configure the thing to their needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    What say you AWIMB? The past three days I’ve woken up to a back wheel that won’t move because the handbrake is frozen. Am I ok just parking it in first?
    I always do that. I rarely, if ever, use the handbrake
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Do the blighters not have control panels and settings menus to allow the user to configure the thing to their needs?
    They do, but they almost never allow you to turn off 'safety' features. Scared of being sued, one assumes.

Dodgy car salesman you see, he'll get you to wind the clock back next
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Hmmm. I think I'll give it a miss, tbh. Anyway, I'm handing it back this year and will not be getting another European car for obvious reasons.
    Will you be leasing / contract hiring? If so, I have just the chap for you.