Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Parking in first without the handbrake.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I had to get to work mate. From N4 to EC1.

The Tube..?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The Tube..?
    What would be the point of the company car then?

Impeccable logic, sw. Well done.

**** it off, get a car allowance. Northern Line.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

**** it off, get a car allowance. Northern Line.
    I was given the car would you believe as a form of security I suppose, I did not actually drive as part of the job, simply from Islington/Haringey to Old Street and back.

There was a few incidents where alarms had gone off and the keyholder at the time was sometimes based in Canterbury so they hit on the plan of giving me a car and when he alarm thing happened I would nip in and sort it out. Only ever went in the once and 3-4 of us piled in with assorted household implements with which to protect ourselves, but to no end purpose as it was a false alarm.

Few times of course there was alarms but I simply failed to respond as I was out of the house. No mobiles of course.

Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This will cheer you up, f. It's the Tube's 155th birthday today.

I know because my phone just told me for some reason I don't really understand.
    Excuse the pedantry, but the Metropolitan Line was cut-and-cover, not a tube. First tube (deep level, tunnelled) was the City and South London line (now part of the Northern).

So Happy Birthday to The Underground.

AHBAMIMO

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This will cheer you up, f. It's the Tube's 155th birthday today.

I know because my phone just told me for some reason I don't really understand.
    I've lost interest Burney

No mobiles of course.:
    ahh! the halcyon days of working life before mobile phones came on the seen

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Excuse the pedantry, but the Metropolitan Line was cut-and-cover, not a tube. First tube (deep level, tunnelled) was the City and South London line (now part of the Northern).

So Happy Birthday to The Underground.

AHBAMIMO
    Blame my phone, not me.

my mate had a 2.8i Capri. No real view of the road and dangerously quick for the chassis and steering. Great fun.
    My mate pranged his dad's one of them with me in the passenger seat. 80mph crash on the Blackwall tunnel northbound approach. Accelerated to get past a van belching diesel smoke when it pulled out into us. Smacked the central barrier and swung round, but no-one else hit us. Jumped out without a scratch but lucky to be alive.