Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parking in first without the handbrake.

Parking in first without the handbrake.

What say you AWIMB? The past three days I’ve woken up to a back wheel that won’t move because the handbrake is frozen. Am I ok just parking it in first?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    What say you AWIMB? The past three days I’ve woken up to a back wheel that won’t move because the handbrake is frozen. Am I ok just parking it in first?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Park in first if you're on the flat or facing uphill, reverse if you're pointing downhill. I never use a handbrake. It's a motor industry thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Park in first if you're on the flat or facing uphill, reverse if you're pointing downhill. I never use a handbrake. It's a motor industry thing.
    I don't get a choice. I've got one of those automatic handbrake jobbies. What that actually means is that I've no idea half the time whether my handbrake is on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't get a choice. I've got one of those automatic handbrake jobbies. What that actually means is that I've no idea half the time whether my handbrake is on or off.
    Nanny state cars. :thumbdown:

I was nearly hit on a roundabout this morning when I decided to pull out just as the engine decided it wanted to turn itself off to be 'green'.

There are some things in my car I don't want to be automatic.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I was nearly hit on a roundabout this morning when I decided to pull out just as the engine decided it wanted to turn itself off to be 'green'.

There are some things in my car I don't want to be automatic.
    Yes. I seriously hate that in cars. I remember on a press trip once test-driving such a vehicle in the streets around Jaguar's plant in Coventry. I found it utterly disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Nanny state cars. :thumbdown:

There is a sort of 'soft' handbrake that comes on when you're stationary, which is quite handy. Although i still don't trust the fücker if I'm in traffic pointing up a hill. I'd much rather have an actual handbrake in such situations.

Load of old nonsense. I'd pop the relay.

You can’t do handbrake turns with these electronic handbrakes either