Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parking in first without the handbrake.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Parking in first without the handbrake.

What say you AWIMB? The past three days I’ve woken up to a back wheel that won’t move because the handbrake is frozen. Am I ok just parking it in first?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    What say you AWIMB? The past three days I’ve woken up to a back wheel that won’t move because the handbrake is frozen. Am I ok just parking it in first?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Park in first if you're on the flat or facing uphill, reverse if you're pointing downhill. I never use a handbrake. It's a motor industry thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Park in first if you're on the flat or facing uphill, reverse if you're pointing downhill. I never use a handbrake. It's a motor industry thing.
    I don't get a choice. I've got one of those automatic handbrake jobbies. What that actually means is that I've no idea half the time whether my handbrake is on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't get a choice. I've got one of those automatic handbrake jobbies. What that actually means is that I've no idea half the time whether my handbrake is on or off.
    Nanny state cars. :thumbdown:

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Nanny state cars. :thumbdown:

There is a sort of 'soft' handbrake that comes on when you're stationary, which is quite handy. Although i still don't trust the fücker if I'm in traffic pointing up a hill. I'd much rather have an actual handbrake in such situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was nearly hit on a roundabout this morning when I decided to pull out just as the engine decided it wanted to turn itself off to be 'green'.

There are some things in my car I don't want to be automatic.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I was nearly hit on a roundabout this morning when I decided to pull out just as the engine decided it wanted to turn itself off to be 'green'.

Yes. I seriously hate that in cars. I remember on a press trip once test-driving such a vehicle in the streets around Jaguar's plant in Coventry. I found it utterly disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

I sometimes used to have this problem where the car would decide to speed up as I am turning a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I sometimes used to have this problem where the car would decide to speed up as I am turning a corner.
    Jesus wept. These dreadful modern contraptions you lot drive sound fiendish!

Thank goodness I've got a proper decent, honest, antiquity to drive around where I'M in charge.