Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Parking in first without the handbrake.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    My first ever car, the 2nd generation Capri, was a thing of great beauty but actually
    dangerously inept on corners.
    my mate had a 2.8i Capri. No real view of the road and dangerously quick for the chassis and steering. Great fun.

just had a look on the web. 150ps. what an incredibly inefficient engine by today's standards.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have a 12 year old Astra SXi, and it's been fab. Zips around and only had one problem with it.
    I know nothing of the SXi so cannot comment. The Vectra was my one and only experience of Vauxhalls.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I have the same with mine, it's the airbags, so I've just left it.
    Apparently they need wrap some wires with shielding on mine otherwise it's a fire hazard or something.
    On the letter it says it will take approximately 30 minutes.

After calling them they said oh no it will take a day and there is something else we need to do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Apparently they need wrap some wires with shielding on mine otherwise it's a fire hazard or something.
    On the letter it says it will take approximately 30 minutes.

After calling them they said oh no it will take a day and there is something else we need to do too.
    This will cheer you up, f. It's the Tube's 155th birthday today.

I know because my phone just told me for some reason I don't really understand.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    my mate had a 2.8i Capri. No real view of the road and dangerously quick for the chassis and steering. Great fun.

just had a look on the web. 150ps. what an incredibly inefficient engine by today's standards.
    I have never fully grasped the concept of how driving a car can be "fun".

Back in the proverbial day when I would be driving around London very stoned in a car for which I bore no costs it was a little like a real life video game but I am sure none of us (responsible adults) would condone such behaviour.

And to think the acceleration in one felt visceral at the time. A modern diesel Passat would leave one in the dust these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Back in the proverbial day when I would be driving around London very stoned in a car for which I bore no costs it was a little like a real life video game but I am sure none of us (responsible adults) would condone such behaviour.
    crawling around London in a traffic jam isn't fun of course, sw.

open country roads are a different matter altogether.

and being behind the steering wheel is no place for the stoned there are other places for that state...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Nor me, to be honest. These days I regard any drive of more than half an hour with something approaching dread.

and being behind the steering wheel is no place for the stoned there are other places for that state...
    One should at least be responsible enough to balance things out with a noseful of coke imo. That way, you're basically sober. FACT.

I had to get to work mate. From N4 to EC1.