Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I really really hope we don't sell Alexis to city in this window. It would show what

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If only the club recognised that and are completely overhauling the way they do things... oh
    Well lets see if the situation improves, hopefully it will. I still don't think there's a lot you can do with a player like Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If only the club recognised that and are completely overhauling the way they do things... oh
    As long as the overhaul includes the defenestration of Wenger, I'm cool with it.

Poor Wenger. He's become like the lovable uncle with dementia. You love him, but its not him anymore...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well lets see if the situation improves, hopefully it will. I still don't think there's a lot you can do with a player like Sanchez
    Right. Actually, I doubt there's much you can do with any player.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. Actually, I doubt there's much you can do with any player.
    Some players are more mercenary than others, see: E. Adebayor for instance

Some players are more mercenary than others, see: E. Adebayor for instance
    They're (we're?) all the same, imo. "Mercenary" is just a pejorative used for people we don't like.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They're (we're?) all the same, imo. "Mercenary" is just a pejorative used for people we don't like.
    Indeed. "Contractors" being the more favourable term, n'est ce pas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sticks and stones, A. Sticks and stones.

#ShowMeTheMoney

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    When in fact they are employees, on a fixed term contract.

I wonder if they receive a redundancy payment if the club allows their contract expires after 2+ years. They should
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    When in fact they are employees, on a fixed term contract.

I wonder if they receive a redundancy payment if the club allows their contract expires after 2+ years. They should
    Slight Woosh! there, but never mind.

Never thought he was going to stay, always thought and still do think that Ozil will stay.
    Does kind of beg the question all the same if he is going to stay as you believe why has he not agreed to this point?

Given his comments last summer about sitting down with the club on his return to London, who refused the meet, the player or the club, was it ever actually on as an event?

At this stage of proceedings he would be stone mad to sign for us before the summer when he can officially speak with other PL clubs (we all know this happens anyway) while any dirty foreign interest can be made open now.

So money wise he can do better elsewhere, football wise he could go for the new challenge malarkey and probably match us in respect of having the chance to win things so in terms of us being at the front of the queue it comes down to London life.

I actually think MO has played this whole thing very cutely, very well advised, all the flak is on the Chilean while the German just mooches along reminding everybody every now and then how fúcking brilliant he can be.

Man Utd would be my guess at this point.