Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best ever Weller line?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, good point. I misread
    It's okay Red, I knew what you meant.

I disagree all the same. Quite often I thought their best tracks were hidden almost – album tracks, b-sides (for those over 30).

Art School, Life From a Window, In The Crowd, the aforementioned Saturdays Kids, The Butterfly Collector, Private Hell, Ghosts, Man in the Corner Shop, Boy About Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Stop apologising
    For things you never done
    Oh but I'm caught up in a whirlwind and my ever changing moods

Dylanesque.

Well yes, I asked about Weller's best line. He's been the lyricist at every stage of his career whatever his outfit.

We could be here all day.
    I knew it would send you into a tailspin

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Dylanesque.
    We can't put him in the same constellation as the Mighty Zimster though c. The lad is simply too course

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Two lovers kissing amongst the scream of midnight
    Two lovers missing the tranquillity of solitude
    Getting a cab and travelling on buses
    Reading the graffiti about slashed seat affairs
    As if he could remember what travelling on a bus was like by the time he recorded that.

Getting drugged up with his trendy friends, no more ground chalk now it's only cocaine. Didn't he have a nice time etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well yes, I asked about Weller's best line. He's been the lyricist at every stage of his career whatever his outfit.

I knew it would send you into a tailspin
    It has to be fair made me quite emotional and I am willing to overlook whatever differences we have had in the past.

It's okay Red, I knew what you meant.

I disagree all the same. Quite often I thought their best tracks were hidden almost – album tracks, b-sides (for those over 30).

Art School, Life From a Window, In The Crowd, the aforementioned Saturdays Kids, The Butterfly Collector, Private Hell, Ghosts, Man in the Corner Shop, Boy About Town.
    Sure, but a famous, popular effort raises the writer's accomplishment to another level. The "opening line" of Eton Rifles is just such an achievement.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Dylanesque.
    Right. Good call.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Dylanesque.
    Part of his standard live set these days of course Dutch, he will often slip two TSC numbers in early doors.

Twice next month

It has to be fair made me quite emotional and I am willing to overlook whatever differences we have had in the past.
    Differences? My dear boy, I wouldn't call our occasional manly bantering differences! I have you down as one of the good guys in spite of your occasional sanctimony