Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This morning I remembered some stuff and it made me deeply grateful

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I have spoken of it many times on here so wind yer almost non-existant, irish neck in
    I thought you were a man of the people H, a man for the trenches so to speak as opposed to one of the officer class.

Can’t imagine your pig ugly mug is on any of the boy did well photos in your alma mater. Perhaps one with a tool box and your arm sunken into a bowl of shíte in an efforts to unblock another man’s excrement.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I thought you were a man of the people H, a man for the trenches so to speak as opposed to one of the officer class.

Can’t imagine your pig ugly mug is on any of the boy did well photos in your alma mater. Perhaps one with a tool box and your arm sunken into a bowl of shíte in an efforts to unblock another man’s excrement.
    Good lord, h! A spud-munching bog-dweller is mocking your lowly social status. Are you just going to take that? I mean it's one thing Sir C and I doing it, but that's our right and duty as your social superiors. sw is Irish, ffs!

Oh they didn't like the working classes one bit s. When I arrived the headmaster complained that I spoke a 'barely intelligible vernacular'.

By my third term I had topped the class in both englishes, lit and lang, and that seemed to annoy them even more. A grubby oik developing a strong command of the English language didn't quite fit with their perceptions though I must confess, the English teacher himself was always most encouraging.

Did you ever go to a real school s?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Good lord, h! A spud-munching bog-dweller is mocking your lowly social status. Are you just going to take that? I mean it's one thing Sir C and I doing it, but that's our right and duty as your social superiors. sw is Irish, ffs!
    I suppose I could always use my military connections to have him sought out and properly horse-whipped but he's a harmless enough creature.

How could one make him understand that an English plumber is a veritable aristocrat compared to the toothless troglodytes of the six counties?

I suppose I could always use my military connections to have him sought out and properly horse-whipped but he's a harmless enough creature.

How could one make him understand that an English plumber is a veritable aristocrat compared to the toothless troglodytes of the six counties?
    He's being dangerously uppity, h. It doesn't do to allow these chaps to get ideas above their station. No good ever comes of it.

I think your Warlord membership will have expired by now H.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think your Warlord membership will have expired by now H.
    often found browsing here https://www.modellersloft.co.uk/ no doubt.

ANY school, that makes you play rugby is a wrong un imo.

Play that game and you'll be drinking a teammate's piss before long.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

He's being dangerously uppity, h. It doesn't do to allow these chaps to get ideas above their station. No good ever comes of it.
    I think one thing the troubles taught us was that cracking down on sedition over there was an expensive and largely unnecessary exercise. Left to his own devices, paddy will drink himself into a stupor and start singing lachrymose, maudlin ballads about chaps called Danny before passing out and ceasing to be a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    often found browsing here https://www.modellersloft.co.uk/ no doubt.

ANY school, that makes you play rugby is a wrong un imo.

Play that game and you'll be drinking a teammate's piss before long.
    Sometimes against your will

Yes. The odd thing, though, is that I seem to remember enjoying school very much. Obviously, the individual elements were shít, but taken as a whole it was tremendous fun. I've never really understood these chaps who like to bang on about how school made them miserable. i always think they must have been doing it wrong.
    I largely enjoyed it, particularly when we got to A levels and the studious but stupid started dropping from straight A to C the minute you had to actually, you know, do some thinking.

It is hard to put your finger on precisely why one kid gets bullied and another doesnt but certainly whatever the social skill is it is hugely important.