Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The whole club is currently a shambles

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Strange we bid £90m for Lemar in the summer then
    Precisely. With money that wasn't actually available.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Strange we bid £90m for Lemar in the summer then
    That offer as you know was predicated on the fact that City were giving us 60m for the “contract rebel Chilean”.

Now if you go back to the financial accounts you could argue that they suggest such expenditure is possible without the incoming fee however it all boils down to our willingness to spend, not ability. An issue we are all extremely familiar with by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Doesn't matter if he goes, Rob. There is no money available so a replacement will likely do even worse.
    There are no managers better than Wenger? Okay then mate. Deluded.

Also we had 100m in the bank in May and made a profit in the transfer window...no money? Also plenty of deadweight still to sell. Can you give me a reasoned response next time Rich?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    That offer as you know was predicated on the fact that City were giving us 60m for the “contract rebel Chilean”.

Now if you go back to the financial accounts you could argue that they suggest such expenditure is possible without the incoming fee however it all boils down to our willingness to spend, not ability. An issue we are all extremely familiar with by now.
    The question is whether it is the board that are unwilling to spend or the manager. I would suggest that Wenger has less control over these things now & so the likely reason is that the board wish to run the club with a large cash reserve. Perhaps to insure against a period where the club won’t be in the top 4 for a while. Austerity, if you will.

The question is whether it is the board that are unwilling to spend or the manager. I would suggest that Wenger has less control over these things now & so the likely reason is that the board wish to run the club with a large cash reserve. Perhaps to insure against a period where the club won’t be in the top 4 for a while. Austerity, if you will.
    Arguably, not spending any moolah is a way of ensuring that the club will not be in the top four for a while. I'm bored of the whole thing tbh. Money Out!

A club with £422.8m annual turnover!

£200m on wages.

£44m EBITDA

Why the **** does a football club need a £145m cash reserve for 'austerity'?

Wouldn't they be better of buying London property if they wanted a ROI for austerity's sake?

Stick to poking your finger up people's arses, Dick. And occasionally, patients' arses.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    A club with £422.8m annual turnover!

£200m on wages.

£44m EBITDA

Why the **** does a football club need a £145m cash reserve for 'austerity'?

Wouldn't they be better of buying London property if they wanted a ROI for austerity's sake?

Stick to poking your finger up people's arses, Dick. And occasionally, patients' arses.
    Oh I say, very good IUFG. Made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Oh I say, very good IUFG. Made me chuckle.

ty, sw.

Dick's unwitting suggestion that The Arsenal may have future cash flow worries, is beyond stupid.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

and even if we didn't have a pot to piss in...it's hardly the only problem
    motivation/tactics/how a top club can take so many savage beatings (4's 5's 6's EIGHTS), the top players we missed out on due to incompetence, the utter dross we have signed, the simple things we fail to address - like how did we not sign a centre half in the summer? We need someone who has the first ****ing clue on how to defend. I could go on. I could write a book on it

But Rich your attitude seems to be just blame it all on the money, and continue what we're doing because improvement is apparently impossible. So why even bother trying?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rob2 View Post
    But Rich your attitude seems to be just blame it all on the money, and continue what we're doing because improvement is apparently impossible. So why even bother trying?
    I think it says it all about the Board of the club and the lack of ambition, tbh, tr2.

We actually have been doing what we've always done. And instead of getting what we've always got, we've gone backwards. The Board have done nothing about that. They are complicit in the footballing regression of the club.