Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm pretty sure they didn't need an article this long to answer this question

I'm pretty sure they didn't need an article this long to answer this question

I can only guess that the original article was written about rock Kerniggitts in general and they struggled to come up with a title, so settled on the click-baity "Why this Beatle didn't get a Knighthood."

I didn't know about Bono getting one. I thought forrins weren't allowed? Or is the implication that Ireland is still a province?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I didn't know about Bono getting one. I thought forrins weren't allowed? Or is the implication that Ireland is still a province?
    Yes, and no. They can't call themselves "sir", as they don't get the whole kneel/arise-treatment. Honourary, in other words; not the real thing.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, and no. They can't call themselves "sir", as they don't get the whole kneel/arise-treatment. Honourary, in other words; not the real thing.
    AW has one hasn't he?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Bono and Geldorf.

Pair of sanctimonious cùnts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    AW has one hasn't he?
    Yes, an honourary OBE.

Plus the French version of our K. Whatever that may be..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Bono and Geldorf.

Pair of sanctimonious cùnts.
    Oh, I only listen to them sing. In fact, I rather think I have a full collection of U2 albums.

I can only guess that the original article was written about rock Kerniggitts in general and they struggled to come up with a title, so settled on the click-baity "Why this Beatle didn't get a Knighthood."

I didn't know Ray Davies got one - wd RD

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I didn't know Ray Davies got one - wd RD
    No me. I didn't scroll down that far. Gave up at Rod Stewart.

No me. I didn't scroll down that far. Gave up at Rod Stewart.
    Wait - you're not dissing Rod The Mod, are you?