Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I probably wouldn't have left the bit about my partner trying to eat a napkin out.

I probably wouldn't have left the bit about my partner trying to eat a napkin out.

I sympathise with her general point, but mentioning that does rather suggest he's a drooling idiot who oughtn't to be allowed cutlery in case he damages himself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/fo...rred-chef.html

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I sympathise with her general point, but mentioning that does rather suggest he's a drooling idiot who oughtn't to be allowed cutlery in case he damages himself.

I confess, the picture of the napkin makes it look like... a napkin. The fellow was clearly píssed.

Is it just me or if you stuck her hair on him they would look like twins?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I confess, the picture of the napkin makes it look like... a napkin. The fellow was clearly píssed.
    Dunno. He doesn't look awfully bright. I wouldn't trust him not to start trying to eat the tablecloth.

Dunno. He doesn't look awfully bright. I wouldn't trust him not to start trying to eat the tablecloth.
    true.

although I must say, I once had a nice haddock and chips with peas once I'd taken the fish out of the net, the chips out of a miniature frying basket and the peas out of a small green bucket they had all been served in.

That said, I had to then eat it off a warmed piece of slate.

Anywhere that serves food like that, is managed/cheffed by a ****. FACT!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    true.

although I must say, I once had a nice haddock and chips with peas once I'd taken the fish out of the net, the chips out of a miniature frying basket and the peas out of a small green bucket they had all been served in.

That said, I had to then eat it off a warmed piece of slate.

Anywhere that serves food like that, is managed/cheffed by a ****. FACT!
    It's weird how this has crept up, isn't it? 20 years ago, we'd never have considered the possibility that someone would give us a slate or a lump of wood rather than a plate or serve our chips in a mini galvanised bucket or frying basket. And then it just sort of happened. Fück knows why.
    Last edited by Burney; 01-05-2018 at 11:31 AM.

It's weird how this has crept up, isn't it? 20 years ago, we'd never have considered the possibility that someone would give us a slater or a lump of wood rather than a plate or serve our chips in a mini galvanised bucket or frying basket. And then it just sort of happened. Fück knows why.
    There seems to me an argument for going back to serving our food on a trencher. Imagine finishing your roast dinner and then having a slab of gravy-soaked bread to finish up with.

There seems to me an argument for going back to serving our food on a trencher. Imagine finishing your roast dinner and then having a slab of gravy-soaked bread to finish up with.
    Oh, I think we can do better than that, my friend.

compressed_Giant-yorkshire-puddingV2.jpg

I remember once eating sausage mash and onion gravy out of a massive Yorkshire pudding. It was fűcking marvellous, frankly.

Oh, I think we can do better than that, my friend.

compressed_Giant-yorkshire-puddingV2.jpg

I remember once eating sausage mash and onion gravy out of a massive Yorkshire pudding. It was fűcking marvellous, frankly.
    Sheeee-it. I gots to get me some of that.

Sheeee-it. I gots to get me some of that.
    I'm trying to think of a meat-based dish that wouldn't be improved by being served in a massive Yorkshire, tbh.

Curry would be spectacular.