Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As of today the Berlin Wall has been down longer than it was up.

As of today the Berlin Wall has been down longer than it was up.

Spare a thought for all those mourning the loss of the Soviet Utopia. Poor Jeremy, Owen and peter

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Spare a thought for all those mourning the loss of the Soviet Utopia. Poor Jeremy, Owen and peter
    Gosh. For some reason, that thought makes me feel very old.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Gosh. For some reason, that thought makes me feel very old.
    I had the same feeling when reading an article on Rob Lee's two sons playing for Luton against Newcastle. The oldest is 26. I thought Rob Lee only retired a couple of seasons back

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I had the same feeling when reading an article on Rob Lee's two sons playing for Luton against Newcastle. The oldest is 26. I thought Rob Lee only retired a couple of seasons back
    He did always look rather old, though.

Lived in West Berlin as a kid and went back for the

first time in 45 years recently and have to admit, I missed the wall. Checkpoint Charlie even had people inaccurately dressed as GI's for selfies. Walking through a pristine Brandenburg Gate was bizarre given I knew it as a grim edifice standing in the Death Strip, riddled with bullet holes and Hitler's bunker still in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    first time in 45 years recently and have to admit, I missed the wall. Checkpoint Charlie even had people inaccurately dressed as GI's for selfies. Walking through a pristine Brandenburg Gate was bizarre given I knew it as a grim edifice standing in the Death Strip, riddled with bullet holes and Hitler's bunker still in sight.
    Apart from anything else, without the wall, it's a rather unremarkable city.

Granted, it may have been rather more interesting before we, the Yanks and the Russians smashed the ever-living shît out of it.

Yes, I haven't been back since the 80s. The whole place really was a living Le Carré novel back in the day.

Never mind. Corbyn will soon Ceaucescu our arses into poverty, malnutrition and denunciation for impure thoughts.

Yes, I haven't been back since the 80s. The whole place really was a living Le Carré novel back in the day.

Never mind. Corbyn will soon Ceaucescu our arses into poverty, malnutrition and denunciation for impure thoughts.
    Have you seen where he's been on his hollibobs?

https://order-order.com/2018/01/05/c...e-mexico-city/

You can keep your Brussels and Amsterdam
    Give me back my summer in Dresden, Man
    But they still got police bullies over there
    Drawing lines on a map just to show I'm there
    Gee, (G.) I'm (M.) living (B.H.) in a bear cage

Official vid not on Youtube, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

You can keep your Brussels and Amsterdam
    Give me back my summer in Dresden, Man
    But they still got police bullies over there
    Drawing lines on a map just to show I'm there

Official vid not on Youtube, sadly.
    They say Dresden was very beautiful until that unfortunate business where we had to blow the fück out of it.