Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
There are a million reasons not to vote for Corbyn. The fact that the economy would go down faster than Herb's mum on a hen do is just one of the minor ones. However, I can make that argument until I'm blue in the face, but if the electorate choose that route, I have to live with it.

The other point is that the predictions of economic ruin from a Brexit vote have already been shown to be bullshït. You're speculating wildly in the hope of creating the false equivalence between a vote for Brexit and a vote for Corbyn. By contrast, there is no doubt at all that Corbyn would wreck the economy. None. He has made his antipathy to our most successful industry clear and has outlined plans to raise taxes across the board to pay for unaffordable levels of public spending. The 'fully-costed' sums quite simply don't add up, which means economic disaster as an absolute certainty. Anyone who votes for Corbyn does so knowing that he will wreck the economy - indeed, many of them see that as a feature rather than a bug of voting for him.

By the way, I don't know if you've spotted this, but the flipside of your argument is that anyone who votes for Corbyn's Labour and also makes the argument that people shouldn't have voted for Brexit because it would damage the economy is a rank fücking hypocrite given that the Shadow Chancellor has admitted that the first thing they have to prepare for should they get in is a run on the banks.
On a simpistic view I should imagine that many people feel that with inflation * rising a lot faster than wages that, in their view, the economy is ****ed already. you and I know that isn't the case, but individuals usually vote on what they feel at that time, so if an election was called tomorrow a large % would vote Labour thinking it would make things better for them.

* will start falling rapidly over the next 12 months