Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry, bit behind on the news, but it appears a member of Labour's front bench has

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Thank you kind Sir. It wasn't the Bank of England then.

No wonder my party subs had to go up
    The BOE were instructed to bail them out... IF they hadn't what happened would have seemed like a tea party compared to what would have happened.... just need to get our money back on RBS, might do it someeime during my kids lifetime
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It really isn’t, you know. It’ll be fine. It’s only faint-hearted, lily-livered pussies like you and gg who think it will.
    Well it ain't gonna ruin you ya soft handed middle-class tosser. You'll still be sitting on your capacious buttocks getting overpaid to produce a couple of pages of prose very week about fúcking farming machinery or whatever branch of journalism you are in.

Those of us expected to actually operate the machinery will be them as will suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The BOE were instructed to bail them out
    So all of this stuff about the BOE being independent is scurrilous fallacy - for shame!

http://edu.bankofengland.co.uk/knowl...he-government/

In common with pretty much everyone else (m aside), I got it wrong. I put my hands up.

However, my record to that point was excellent. I underestimated the effect Brexit would have on the (entirely misplaced) protest vote for Labour would be. It won’t happen again.
    Well let's hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    You know what I'm gonna say:

So if the public vote for JC (most not having read the manifesto) that is bad.

If the public vote for Brexit (without having a clue about basic economics) that is good.

Is this like one of those irregular verbs?
    Good thing or bad thing, if they vote for either, it's something that those of us who don't like it have to accept. That is democracy.

By the way, the big mistake you remainers always make is thinking that the economy was a factor in voting for Brexit. It wasn't. Whether you think it ought to have been isn't really the point. It wasn't. There was more at stake and people knew very well there might be a negative financial impact from leaving and voted to do it anyway. It's a thing called principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    So all of this stuff about the BOE being independent is scurrilous fallacy - for shame!

http://edu.bankofengland.co.uk/knowl...he-government/
    The first line where they say they are owned by the Govt gives it away somewhat
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Good thing or bad thing, if they vote for either, it's something that those of us who don't like it have to accept. That is democracy.

By the way, the big mistake you remainers always make is thinking that the economy was a factor in voting for Brexit. It wasn't. Whether you think it ought to have been isn't really the point. It wasn't. There was more at stake and people knew very well there might be a negative financial impact from leaving and voted to do it anyway. It's a thing called principle.
    B, you're meant to be better than this.

Where have I ever said voting Brexit was about the economics?

Yes, as you sort of hint after, I believe that it should have been about the economics. But I know full well the Brexit voters weren't thinking of that beyond a few Tory neo-lib loons.

My sister in law (in immigrant free Cornwall) voted leave "To **** the lot of them."

I'm sure loads of northerns voted out for immigration like that 2010 "Bigotted woman." But, and I quote:

"the big mistake you remainers always make is thinking that the economy was a factor in voting for Brexit. "

I never said that, ever, did I?

So why the veil of fiction?

Could it be that I've shown that your criticism of JC at the start of this post applies exactly to Brexit too and you can't find a way out?

"people knew very well there might be a negative financial impact from leaving and voted to do it anyway. It's a thing called principle."

Er, that's what Momentum say, B, init?

That's what this 'JC's **** or bust with the UK econ" is, init, B?

Same ting, blood.

I think you may be giving far too many people far too much credit.

It is likely that most of the voters didn't have any idea of the essence of what they were voting for.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    B, you're meant to be better than this.

Where have I ever said voting Brexit was about the economics?

Yes, as you sort of hint after, I believe that it should have been about the economics. But I know full well the Brexit voters weren't thinking of that beyond a few Tory neo-lib loons.

My sister in law (in immigrant free Cornwall) voted leave "To **** the lot of them."

I'm sure loads of northerns voted out for immigration like that 2010 "Bigotted woman." But, and I quote:

"the big mistake you remainers always make is thinking that the economy was a factor in voting for Brexit. "

I never said that, ever, did I?

So why the veil of fiction?

Could it be that I've shown that your criticism of JC at the start of this post applies exactly to Brexit too and you can't find a way out?

"people knew very well there might be a negative financial impact from leaving and voted to do it anyway. It's a thing called principle."

Er, that's what Momentum say, B, init?

That's what this 'JC's **** or bust with the UK econ" is, init, B?

Same ting, blood.
    There are a million reasons not to vote for Corbyn. The fact that the economy would go down faster than Herb's mum on a hen do is just one of the minor ones. However, I can make that argument until I'm blue in the face, but if the electorate choose that route, I have to live with it.

The other point is that the predictions of economic ruin from a Brexit vote have already been shown to be bullshït. You're speculating wildly in the hope of creating the false equivalence between a vote for Brexit and a vote for Corbyn. By contrast, there is no doubt at all that Corbyn would wreck the economy. None. He has made his antipathy to our most successful industry clear and has outlined plans to raise taxes across the board to pay for unaffordable levels of public spending. The 'fully-costed' sums quite simply don't add up, which means economic disaster as an absolute certainty. Anyone who votes for Corbyn does so knowing that he will wreck the economy - indeed, many of them see that as a feature rather than a bug of voting for him.

By the way, I don't know if you've spotted this, but the flipside of your argument is that anyone who votes for Corbyn's Labour and also makes the argument that people shouldn't have voted for Brexit because it would damage the economy is a rank fücking hypocrite given that the Shadow Chancellor has admitted that the first thing they have to prepare for should they get in is a run on the banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I think you may be giving far too many people far too much credit.

It is likely that most of the voters didn't have any idea of the essence of what they were voting for.

I think everyone knew what they were voting for. Did they all know the implications of that vote? Of course not. How could they? It's unprecedented.