Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry, bit behind on the news, but it appears a member of Labour's front bench has

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yeah. Watch your fingers when operating that C++ compiler, Herbs. It could take them clean off! And it'll be that Brexit's fault.
    Java these days old chap

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You dont turn up to a party three hours late and claim to be the life and soul.

Damn yankees.....
    Mind you, I was looking at these Spectator Index figures on deaths in the war and thinking we played it quite cannily, really.

Thanks Russia, you dozy cünts.

World War II deaths (millions)

Soviet Union: 26
    China: 15
    Germany: 6.9
    Poland: 5.9
    Japan: 2.5
    India: 1.6
    France: 0.6
    UK: 0.45
    US: 0.42

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sorry? When did the tories bail out the banking sector again?

Only I could have sworn that was a Labour Government that did that.
    Oh Herbert no youve been made to look a fool. Just like that thick clumsy cvnt Dianne Abbot. Why are all Labour supporters such dangerously stupid morons? You were my hero Herbert but its all ruined (

There are a million reasons not to vote for Corbyn. The fact that the economy would go down faster than Herb's mum on a hen do is just one of the minor ones. However, I can make that argument until I'm blue in the face, but if the electorate choose that route, I have to live with it.

The other point is that the predictions of economic ruin from a Brexit vote have already been shown to be bullshït. You're speculating wildly in the hope of creating the false equivalence between a vote for Brexit and a vote for Corbyn. By contrast, there is no doubt at all that Corbyn would wreck the economy. None. He has made his antipathy to our most successful industry clear and has outlined plans to raise taxes across the board to pay for unaffordable levels of public spending. The 'fully-costed' sums quite simply don't add up, which means economic disaster as an absolute certainty. Anyone who votes for Corbyn does so knowing that he will wreck the economy - indeed, many of them see that as a feature rather than a bug of voting for him.

By the way, I don't know if you've spotted this, but the flipside of your argument is that anyone who votes for Corbyn's Labour and also makes the argument that people shouldn't have voted for Brexit because it would damage the economy is a rank fücking hypocrite given that the Shadow Chancellor has admitted that the first thing they have to prepare for should they get in is a run on the banks.
    1. "You're speculating wildly in the hope of creating the false equivalence between a vote for Brexit and a vote for Corbyn."

No. I'm equating your comments about gambling the econ with Brexit and your comments about principle with Momentum. Nothing more.

2. "He has made his antipathy to our most successful industry clear "

So JC was PM when we voted for a referendum which risked the City's passporting rights and Eurobond trade? Must have missed that.

3. Last para. You're preaching to the converted, mate. I joined Lab to kick the Bearded Commie Cünt out and get us back to lovely econ-growth-and-strong-welfare-state centre-left normality. I hate the cünt more than you do. Never used FB but had 3 log ins banned from his page in 3 days, just for listing polling data.

Mind you, I was looking at these Spectator Index figures on deaths in the war and thinking we played it quite cannily, really.

Thanks Russia, you dozy cünts.
    Just brings home the fact that the eastern front made the western front look like a tea party. The russians dont **** about when it comes to stuff like this- kill everyone, including your own. Adolf should have kept well away from them.

Not that I am trying to help Hitler, you understand

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    1. "You're speculating wildly in the hope of creating the false equivalence between a vote for Brexit and a vote for Corbyn."

No. I'm equating your comments about gambling the econ with Brexit and your comments about principle with Momentum. Nothing more.

2. "He has made his antipathy to our most successful industry clear "

So JC was PM when we voted for a referendum which risked the City's passporting rights and Eurobond trade? Must have missed that.

3. Last para. You're preaching to the converted, mate. I joined Lab to kick the Bearded Commie Cünt out and get us back to lovely econ-growth-and-strong-welfare-state centre-left normality. I hate the cünt more than you do. Never used FB but had 3 log ins banned from his page in 3 days, just for listing polling data.
    By that logic, you might as well equate it with any political decision where principle trumps economics. After all, declaring war on Germany twice in a century probably wasn't great for the economy either. Does that mean we oughtn't to have done it?

Cameron had to give a vote on the EU to the British people because he'd made a manifesto commitment to do so. The fact that it went the way it did is to me vindication of the fact that it was necessary. After all, is democratically intolerable to have a situation where more than half the country fundamentally disagree with how laws are passed over them, but are democratically denied any effective means of expressing their dissatisfaction.
    I'm not saying you have to like it, but to deny that he referendum was justified and necessary is simply undemocratic, I'm afraid. You didn't like it because it went the 'wrong' way, but that doesn't alter its legitimacy. To compare Cameron's decision and any potential negative consequences from it with Corbyn's avowed antipathy to our financial sector is dishonest.
    On a side note, personally I'm proud that I live in a country that had the faith in its democracy to vote on two huge existential issues within a couple of years - issues that other nations (I'm looking at you, Spain) simply wouldn't dare touch with a bargepole. I think it's rather a good thing.

The problem I have with your final point is that I've heard many Labour supporters tell me how awful Corbyn is and how much they want rid of him. I've then asked them how they voted in the last election and they tell me they still voted Labour. If you're one of those, you might want to have a think about it.

Just brings home the fact that the eastern front made the western front look like a tea party. The russians dont **** about when it comes to stuff like this- kill everyone, including your own. Adolf should have kept well away from them.

There was plenty of fighting on the western front which was just as vicious as anything seen on the eastern; indeed, soldiers of SS Division "Das Reich" rated the paras at Arnhem as the hardest, most committed troops they encountered anywhere in the war. Read about the campaign in the Bocage, or the battle for Monte Camino... it was no tea party. Far from it. The numbers were simply greater on the eastern front and the campaign longer.

To be fair, it also tells you how monstrously incompetent the Russians were - as well as being utterly callous with regard to human life, of course. All in all, though, us getting out of six years of that shïtshow with fewer than half a million dead is pretty good going, I reckon.

Shame about India, mind. Sorry about that, lads.

By that logic, you might as well equate it with any political decision where principle trumps economics. After all, declaring war on Germany twice in a century probably wasn't great for the economy either. Does that mean we oughtn't to have done it?

Cameron had to give a vote on the EU to the British people because he'd made a manifesto commitment to do so. The fact that it went the way it did is to me vindication of the fact that it was necessary. After all, is democratically intolerable to have a situation where more than half the country fundamentally disagree with how laws are passed over them, but are democratically denied any effective means of expressing their dissatisfaction.
    I'm not saying you have to like it, but to deny that he referendum was justified and necessary is simply undemocratic, I'm afraid. You didn't like it because it went the 'wrong' way, but that doesn't alter its legitimacy. To compare Cameron's decision and any potential negative consequences from it with Corbyn's avowed antipathy to our financial sector is dishonest.
    On a side note, personally I'm proud that I live in a country that had the faith in its democracy to vote on two huge existential issues within a couple of years - issues that other nations (I'm looking at you, Spain) simply wouldn't dare touch with a bargepole. I think it's rather a good thing.

The problem I have with your final point is that I've heard many Labour supporters tell me how awful Corbyn is and how much they want rid of him. I've then asked them how they voted in the last election and they tell me they still voted Labour. If you're one of those, you might want to have a think about it.
    Hey.... you dont stop watching Arsenal just because you want WENGER OUT!!!!

I voted Labour and will do so again, despite the beardy little ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There was plenty of fighting on the western front which was just as vicious as anything seen on the eastern; indeed, soldiers of SS Division "Das Reich" rated the paras at Arnhem as the hardest, most committed troops they encountered anywhere in the war. Read about the campaign in the Bocage, or the battle for Monte Camino... it was no tea party. Far from it. The numbers were simply greater on the eastern front and the campaign longer.
    In fact, during the battle for Normandy, casualty rates exceeded those on the Eastern Front.