Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forget my comment about Chambers yesterday

Forget my comment about Chambers yesterday

He looked nervy and lacked concentration.

Maitland-Niles, now here is a talent, especially considering he's playing out of position. Ozil and Jack looked back to their best.

That game was made for Giroud, we'd have won comfortably with his hold up play. Just not Lacazette's strength although yet again his 2 best chances came on his left foot......

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Maitland-Niles, now here is a talent, especially considering he's playing out of position. Ozil and Jack looked back to their best.

That game was made for Giroud, we'd have won comfortably with his hold up play. Just not Lacazette's strength although yet again his 2 best chances came on his left foot......
    Thought the lad MN was excellent though did notice second half he was often dragged quite central almost, natural I suppose given the position he normally plays. Would quite like to see him play in there at some point.

A match that perfectly encapsulated everything that being a present day Arsenal supporter is about. Can't decide if we deserved to win (probably not) or got out of jail (probably not).

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Thought the lad MN was excellent though did notice second half he was often dragged quite central almost, natural I suppose given the position he normally plays. Would quite like to see him play in there at some point.

A match that perfectly encapsulated everything that being a present day Arsenal supporter is about. Can't decide if we deserved to win (probably not) or got out of jail (probably not).
    Thankfully Morata decided he really didn't fancy scoring, I had complete confidence that he'd miss that one on one in the last seconds

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Oddly enough, what struck me were the similarities between the two sides. Both have excellent attacking players, but both are equally fragile. Which, I suppose, is why it was such a good game.

There was a time in his first year when Chambers looked very good. Lord knows how that happened because the player I watched last night was, as they say, 'a disaster waiting to happen'. With Holding only marginally better, I thought.

But I have great hopes for our latest £2mil completely unknown CB acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oddly enough, what struck me were the similarities between the two sides. Both have excellent attacking players, but both are equally fragile. Which, I suppose, is why it was such a good game.
    I thought Chelsea's passing was frequently shocking, our attacking play was brilliant, Courtois was superb and we couldn't defend for toffee.

That along with Cech being the worst saver of penalties in the history of the game nicely summed up the evening for me.

Right.. So all we now is a dynamic young manager, who has the first clue in defending and a new GK ?

Xhaka is now around 4-5 games away from me officially deciding that he is ****ing useless.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I thought Chelsea's passing was frequently shocking, our attacking play was brilliant, Courtois was superb and we couldn't defend for toffee.

That along with Cech being the worst saver of penalties in the history of the game nicely summed up the evening for me.
    I think Cech has given up completely with penalties. He may as well as have been lighting a fag for last night's one.

On any other day (night) we would and should have been absolutely thrashed. Morata's finishing was dog****e. That was the reason we got a draw - which Arsenal then tried their hardest to lose in the last minute.

NM played well. Ozil did. Lacazette continues his Kaba Diawara impression (whilst playing well) and Sanchez continues to play for himself.

Three centre halves ball watching for their second. Same at Palace.

In short, Wenger out.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”