Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's wrong with Xhaka?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You are quite grumpy today, aren't you, la?
    two hours sleep, b. Stayed up late - watched Vince bat - he can **** off

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    About 20 million Bucklons ?

one of these

511908-erin_gray0178.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    two hours sleep, b. Stayed up late - watched Vince bat - he can **** off
    He can indeed. Although Root vexes me more at the moment. Giving his wicket away again.

He can indeed. Although Root vexes me more at the moment. Giving his wicket away again.
    Root is unbelievably frustrating. Is he ever going to ****ing learn!!!

He should have scored at least three hundreds in this series, any of which could have changed the test. Instead he has chucked it away each time. So frustrating for such a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Root is unbelievably frustrating. Is he ever going to ****ing learn!!!

He should have scored at least three hundreds in this series, any of which could have changed the test. Instead he has chucked it away each time. So frustrating for such a good player.
    What drives me nuts about the whole batting thing is that this has not been a tough tour to bat on. The wickets have been easy and as for Australia’s ‘battery of fast bowlers’, I’d argue none of them is especially outstanding. Lyon is an OK spinner, but our left-handers seem to have been mesmerised by what is in fact a fairly bog-standard straight-onner. There really has been no external excuse for our failure to perform with the bat other than poor form and poor shot selection.

Obviously, we still wouldn't have won even if we'd batted well, since we never had the bowling, but still.

What drives me nuts about the whole batting thing is that this has not been a tough tour to bat on. The wickets have been easy and as for Australia’s ‘battery of fast bowlers’, I’d argue none of them is especially outstanding. Lyon is an OK spinner, but our left-handers seem to have been mesmerised by what is in fact a fairly bog-standard straight-onner. There really has been no external excuse for our failure to perform with the bat other than poor form and poor shot selection.

Obviously, we still wouldn't have won even if we'd batted well, since we never had the bowling, but still.
    Agreed. I think Starc is a fine bowler and Haslewood is good but despite all that these have been wonderful pitches to bat on. Unfortunately, when you put players like Root and Bairstow on a damn good wicket where you just have to dig in, bat all day and wait for the bad balls they cant do it. They dont seem to have the discipline to play a long innings. ****ing annoying.

I have long thought Root's game was a little too loose for test cricket. He should be scoring like Smith.