Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just in case anyone was on the fence about whether vegans are insane...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a form of self-harming, isn't it? He rejects meat to damage his body, and The Boss to damage his soul.

If by 'stage an intervention', you mean, 'have him sectioned', I'm fully on board.
    No, it's OK. Stand down. It's just because he's getting his end away. All perfectly normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Possibly also with roots in the sub-continent, trained in the arts according to the ancient writings.

He's #****struck

Deeply versed in Ayurveda and with an arse you could bounce coins off.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hmmm. Younger, is she? Sexually athletic? I think we all see what's going on here, p.
    Well she is a little younger, but only five years or so. We have been together 11 years so I am not exactly in the grip of an all consuming lust.

It was important to her to give it a go so I said I would try it for a few weeks. It went ok, she is now very happy with it. It really doesnt bother me- as I have said before, I dont really care about food. And I can still eat what I like when I am out.

The main things that get cut out are cakes, pastries, takeaways- the sort of stuff I shouldn't be eating anyway. I am better and healthier for it, and my suits fit better.

If the odd pig or chicken got a reprieve because of me, good luck to them

Deeply versed in Ayurveda and with an arse you could bounce coins off.
    She is of scouse-jewish ancestry. I would prefer that you stopped talking about her behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well she is a little younger, but only five years or so. We have been together 11 years so I am not exactly in the grip of an all consuming lust.

It was important to her to give it a go so I said I would try it for a few weeks. It went ok, she is now very happy with it. It really doesnt bother me- as I have said before, I dont really care about food. And I can still eat what I like when I am out.

The main things that get cut out are cakes, pastries, takeaways- the sort of stuff I shouldn't be eating anyway. I am better and healthier for it, and my suits fit better.

If the odd pig or chicken got a reprieve because of me, good luck to them
    Fair enough, I suppose. I just get increasingly pïssed off with veganism as an ideology. It's ethically vacuous and involves deriving even less pleasure from our short period in this vale of tears. However, I shan't bother rehashing all the arguments. You know your situation best.

She is of scouse-jewish ancestry. I would prefer that you stopped talking about her behind.
    I wasn't talking about her behind. I was talking about the theoretical bird you were knocking off.

I wasn't talking about her behind. I was talking about the theoretical bird you were knocking off.
    But if he has pics of her behind we might be able to judge if coins would bounce
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Fair enough, I suppose. I just get increasingly pïssed off with veganism as an ideology. It's ethically vacuous and involves deriving even less pleasure from our short period in this vale of tears. However, I shan't bother rehashing all the arguments. You know your situation best.
    I get increasingly irritated as to why it has to be an ideology, why one's diet cannot simply be one's diet. I said as much in a vegan cafe and got glared at by someone who I could best describe as a hippy ****.

In other words, is it ok if I just dont eat meat, fish and dairy? Do I have to also buy the T shirts, wear the healing crystals, label the rest of the world as murderers and believe that seeds constitute lunch?

Does my tea have to be green, or blue, or red, or stink of ****? Cant it just be murky brown?

Veganism would be great if it werent for the ****ing vegans

she sounds like a nightmare- apart from the arse.

I get increasingly irritated as to why it has to be an ideology, why one's diet cannot simply be one's diet. I said as much in a vegan cafe and got glared at by someone who I could best describe as a hippy ****.

In other words, is it ok if I just dont eat meat, fish and dairy? Do I have to also buy the T shirts, wear the healing crystals, label the rest of the world as murderers and believe that seeds constitute lunch?

Does my tea have to be green, or blue, or red, or stink of ****? Cant it just be murky brown?

Veganism would be great if it werent for the ****ing vegans
    I think that's the point, though. There is only one valid reason to not eat meat, because you don't like the taste.

As soon as it becomes more than that it becomes an ideology of some kind. And at that point it becomes irritating and pathetic and, more importantly, intellectually indefensible.