Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I am not denying it is a common feeling among vegans. I am suggesting it is their fault and is not implicit. One may consider one's moral choice in one sphere to be superior to other choices- why else would one make such a moral choice?- but it isnt the same as feeling or expressing a sense of superiority.

Indeed, in this conversation it is you (the carnist) suggesting that me (the vegan) is making an immoral choice. How is THAT for a sense of superiority?

The unspoken issue here is that all animal lovers feel a degree of guilty for eating meat which is why most of us are happy to be as divorced from the process as possible. When confronted with a vegan who has made a choice to sacrificing pleasures we feel inferior. That's you, b. Don't blame me and my other happy, flappy, rainbow eating vegan chums

Finally, awards ceremony or not, anal sex is anal sex.
No, you see this is where you're wrong. By virtue of mankind's remarkable (and entirely necessary) capacity for cognitive dissonance, we have historically shown ourselves to be quite capable of loving our cats or dogs while being perfectly happy to go foxhunting or watch a bullfight and then tuck into a nice lump of foie gras followed by a rare steak. I would argue that this is the natural way of things and that our cranky, latter-day namby-pamby concerns about animal welfare are a very modern by-product of the non-conformist conscience and general leftism.

I can put my hand on my heart and tell you that I honestly do not really give a flying fück about the animals I eat beyond the fact that they taste good. What is more, I consider this to be a perfectly normal, sane and sensible way to think.