Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just in case anyone was on the fence about whether vegans are insane...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What's this, Peter? Not a lentil-botherer are we?
    Yes. I have been a vegan since last March. I just dont go on about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They've gone and gotten the poor chef fired, the maniacs.

What? Why? And not just vegetarianism, but its lunatic cousin veganism?

I am disappoint, p. I knew you had your eccentricities, like a tendency to vote Labour, think Tony Blair is anything other than an oleaginous creep with a messianic complex and worship at the altar of Springsteen, but this? I had essentially always thought of you as having a bottom of good sense. I must now reassess this appraisal.

Is it a woman who's done this to you? In my experience, most mad things men of our age do are at the behest of a woman.
    Last edited by Burney; 01-04-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I am disappoint, p. I knew you had your eccentricities like a tendency to vote Labour, think Tony Blair is anything other than an oleaginous creep with a messianic complex and worship at the altar of Springsteen, but this? I had essentially always thought of you as having a bottom of good sense. I must now reassess this appraisal.

Is it a woman who's done this to you? In my experience, most mad things men of our age do are at the behest of a woman.
    That's what makes him so weird. He claims to have been saved, yet criticises The Master.

Sick, twisted blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's what makes him so weird. He claims to have been saved, yet criticises The Master.

Sick, twisted blasphemy.
    I think we need to stage an intervention. The poor chap is clearly in the grip of some crise de spasmophilie that has led to this madness.

I think we need to stage an intervention. The poor chap is clearly in the grip of some crise de spasmophilie that has led to this madness.
    It's a form of self-harming, isn't it? He rejects meat to damage his body, and The Boss to damage his soul.

If by 'stage an intervention', you mean, 'have him sectioned', I'm fully on board.

I am disappoint, p. I knew you had your eccentricities, like a tendency to vote Labour, think Tony Blair is anything other than an oleaginous creep with a messianic complex and worship at the altar of Springsteen, but this? I had essentially always thought of you as having a bottom of good sense. I must now reassess this appraisal.

It is a woman's fault (as are all things) but I thought I would indulge it for a brief period. It has turned out to be a lot longer than that but it has significant benefits. I have stopped eating some of the bad stuff, lost a bit of weight and discovered a whole new approach to Indian food. Its been worthwhile.

Obviously, when I am not at home I eat what I like but 80-90% of the time I stick with it. Honestly, the food is fine, even the milk is ok. The only bit that really makesyouwanttostab yourself in both eyes is the endless conversations and the visits to vegan cafes where you are forced to talk about veganism and adopt an air of 'holier than thou' smugness.

She made an aloo gobi and a vegetable madras last night that was as good as anything I have ever tasted. Swings and roundabouts.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Sick, twisted blasphemy.
    You see him as a deity, I see him as a man and an artist. Some of his deepest flaws house his genius.

It is a woman's fault (as are all things) but I thought I would indulge it for a brief period. It has turned out to be a lot longer than that but it has significant benefits. I have stopped eating some of the bad stuff, lost a bit of weight and discovered a whole new approach to Indian food. Its been worthwhile.

Obviously, when I am not at home I eat what I like but 80-90% of the time I stick with it. Honestly, the food is fine, even the milk is ok. The only bit that really makesyouwanttostab yourself in both eyes is the endless conversations and the visits to vegan cafes where you are forced to talk about veganism and adopt an air of 'holier than thou' smugness.

She made an aloo gobi and a vegetable madras last night that was as good as anything I have ever tasted. Swings and roundabouts.....
    Hmmm. Younger, is she? Sexually athletic? I think we all see what's going on here, p.

Hmmm. Younger, is she? Sexually athletic? I think we all see what's going on here, p.
    Possibly also with roots in the sub-continent, trained in the arts according to the ancient writings.

He's #****struck