Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ooooh, well done Arsene

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not sure Mourinho pays him but he it is well-known anything he writes comes straight from the Whining One's mouth, hence Castle is employed by newspapers who want that inside scoop. Haven't come across any other manager/journalist relationship quite like it though
    Oh, it's a known thing, is it? I'm glad I'm not imagnining it.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Credit to that rat faced, Reyes kicking, little weasel Neville for his contemptuous description of the 'penalty'.

If only the Sky cretins in October 2004 had had the courage to describe what was actually happening on the pitch with Riley that day.

Not that I'm still bitter about it, of course.
    Bitter? I still seethe about that reffing...

Riley?

painful, but every time you watch it you find more evidence that Riley was on their ****ing payroll...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Not sure Mourinho pays him but he it is well-known anything he writes comes straight from the Whining One's mouth, hence Castle is employed by newspapers who want that inside scoop. Haven't come across any other manager/journalist relationship quite like it though
    I thought it was a United thing, rather than just Mourinho, no?

Pretty sure Ferguson had about four or five scribblers who hung slavishly upon his every word.

Ahhh, now I've started thinking about Alex Ferguson and how much I still hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, it's a known thing, is it? I'm glad I'm not imagnining it.
    He voted for Mourinho for coach of the year in the Fifa awards last year. For winning the Europa League and League Cup and finishing sixth. Above Zinedine Zidane, first coach to win back back Champions League titles to name but one worthy candidate

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Riley?

painful, but every time you watch it you find more evidence that Riley was on their ****ing payroll...
    I don't even think he was paid. I think he just wanted them to win and us to lose and set about ensuring that was what happened.

Not sure whether that makes it better or worse, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I thought it was a United thing, rather than just Mourinho, no?
    Nope - the connection comes through Jorge Mendes (I believe). Used to be a decent writer

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't even think he was paid. I think he just wanted them to win and us to lose and set about ensuring that was what happened.

Not sure whether that makes it better or worse, tbh.
    Of course, Mike Dean is his mini me and has continued his work.

Something is rotten there.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Riley?

I can no longer watch that.

I did a few times and then realized what it was doing to my blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Pretty sure Ferguson had about four or five scribblers who hung slavishly upon his every word.

Ahhh, now I've started thinking about Alex Ferguson and how much I still hate him.
    Undoubtedly, particularly the Manchester-based ones some of whom were Utd fans (though bearing in mind he once refused to talk to his own club's , and he was there an awfully long time. Castles is a Scottish based writer who had no real connection with Utd before Mourinho came in.