Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: ooooh, well done Arsene

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I find it hard to believe you swore, WES
    It was directed at Rooney, when he had a go at Poll about something that had happened, the details are foggy.

I believe the exact phrase was 'f*ck off Rooney you granny shagging scouse c*nt'.

The two middle aged American women sat eating fish and chips at the bar were unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It was directed at Rooney, when he had a go at Poll about something that had happened, the details are foggy.

I believe the exact phrase was 'f*ck off Rooney you granny shagging scouse c*nt'.

The two middle aged American women sat eating fish and chips at the bar were unimpressed.
    Americans get fish and chips are very, very wrong, WES.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Americans get fish and chips are very, very wrong, WES.
    I presume they have no idea what real chips are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I presume they have no idea what real chips are.
    Of course. The fish is also usually breadcrumbed rather than battered. The whole thing is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course. The fish is also usually breadcrumbed rather than battered. The whole thing is a disgrace.
    Of course the take away staple of F+C must be battered however to dismiss the breadcrumb would be to dismiss the Fish Finger, a meal we surely all grew up on and savoured. Even Sir C the resident food snob.

I watched a program last night, one hour, on the production of Fish Fingers in Grimsby. Fascinating apart from being presented by that grinning idiot Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Of course the take away staple of F+C must be battered however to dismiss the breadcrumb would be to dismiss the Fish Finger, a meal we surely all grew up on and savoured. Even Sir C the resident food snob.

I watched a program last night, one hour, on the production of Fish Fingers in Grimsby. Fascinating apart from being presented by that grinning idiot Wallace.
    I agree. There is nothing better than some sparklingly fresh cod, cut into fingers and pannéed in panko seasoned with some onion salt, fried to golden crispness, served on a bed of rocket with some home-baked sourdough and a good lemony tartare.

wd fish fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I agree. There is nothing better than some sparklingly fresh cod, cut into fingers and pannéed in panko seasoned with some onion salt, fried to golden crispness, served on a bed of rocket with some home-baked sourdough and a good lemony tartare.

wd fish fingers.
    Indeed. Who doesn't love a fish finger sandwich.

Happy New Year by the way

wd fish fingers.
    Well apart from a piece of cod loin as thick as your forearm dipped in beer batter, deep fried to perfection and served with ketchup, mushy peas, salt and malt vinegar. I love a fishfinger, don't get me wrong, but battered cod is a thing of joy. The chips are barely necessary in such a feast.

wd fish fingers.
    Nah, mate. You don't want do be doing that poncificated nonsense. Birds Eye fishfingers, grilled, and served between two slices of white bread and tomato ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

I knew someone who worked at the Young's plant in Grimsby. They had three grades of cod depending on how riddled with worms it was (and most cod has worms in it, tbf). The best stuff went into the large pieces of fish for frozen cod and chips and whatnot. The second grade went into fishfingers and the most shítty stuff went into fishcakes.