Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ooooh, well done Arsene

ooooh, well done Arsene

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42542576

Quite right that we shouldn't let that horrible little c*nt Dean get away with this too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Quite right that we shouldn't let that horrible little c*nt Dean get away with this too easily.
    Talksport doing their usual stirring for clicks
    talkSPORTDrive Retweeted
    Alan Biggs
    ‏Verified account @AlanBiggs1
    7m7 minutes ago

Alan Biggs Retweeted talkSPORT

His public comments were dangerous as well. Even if the decision he complained about was wrong. The fact is managers can’t say a referee has seen what he wants to see. The implications are too serious. Not to say unjustified and unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Even Henry Winter can see what a cheating despicable **** Dean is, which I believe was the undercurrent of his piece today. He was even respectful of Arsene's views which was a pleasant change

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Even Henry Winter can see what a cheating despicable **** Dean is, which I believe was the undercurrent of his piece today. He was even respectful of Arsene's views which was a pleasant change
    I have only seen/read Winter almost openly question a referee like that twice with regard to Arsenal.

Yesterday with Dean, and Mike Riley after the 50th game at OT when he referred to him as (I paraphrase) 'an honest referee in wretched form'.

Which effectively meant 'cheat'.

Yeah, but still... Henry Winter.

The same Henry Winter who last year complained that Mark Clattenburg hadn't been mentioned in the New Year's Honours.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah, but still... Henry Winter.

The same Henry Winter who last year complained that Mark Clattenburg hadn't been mentioned in the New Year's Honours.
    Yes - he's still a ****. I was almost tempted to comment on this particular gem yesterday:
    "Guardiola is right. Some contact, clearly, has to be allowed but “there are limits”, as he says. Anything that endangers a player needs proper sanction from the referee. English football spent most of the second half of 2017 watching City in awe but insufficient time actually listening to Guardiola. A timely new year’s resolution for English football is for Guardiola’s plea to be heeded."

Imagine if another manager had been saying this for years and been ignored/ridiculed for being a soft French manager

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    His public comments were dangerous as well. Even if the decision he complained about was wrong. The fact is managers can’t say a referee has seen what he wants to see. The implications are too serious. Not to say unjustified and unfair.
    not withstanding Mark Clattenburg admitting he did not apply the rules/laws of the game in the Chelsea - Spurs match (when Spurs season nearly did its final lap in the clown's car)

I haven't read or heard of a single journo / pundit who thinks it was a pelanty and Dean was correct.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I've never really been one for knowing one football 'journalist' from another, to be honest, feeling that writing about games isn't really Hunter Thompson territory, but one I have noticed recently is this Duncan Castles fellow. He appears to be some sort of Mourinho mouthpiece. Can this be some sort of financial arrangement, with the Portuguese knobhead paying for Castles to blwo sunshine up his arse?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    not withstanding Mark Clattenburg admitting he did not apply the rules/laws of the game in the Chelsea - Spurs match (when Spurs season nearly did its final lap in the clown's car)

I haven't read or heard of a single journo / pundit who thinks it was a pelanty and Dean was correct.
    Credit to that rat faced, Reyes kicking, little weasel Neville for his contemptuous description of the 'penalty'.

If only the Sky cretins in October 2004 had had the courage to describe what was actually happening on the pitch with Riley that day.

Not that I'm still bitter about it, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've never really been one for knowing one football 'journalist' from another, to be honest, feeling that writing about games isn't really Hunter Thompson territory, but one I have noticed recently is this Duncan Castles fellow. He appears to be some sort of Mourinho mouthpiece. Can this be some sort of financial arrangement, with the Portuguese knobhead paying for Castles to blwo sunshine up his arse?
    Not sure Mourinho pays him but he it is well-known anything he writes comes straight from the Whining One's mouth, hence Castle is employed by newspapers who want that inside scoop. Haven't come across any other manager/journalist relationship quite like it though