Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the transfer window been flung wide yet?

Important point to add:

I used to get battered sausage. Dave preferred plain, although occasionally he would substitute the sausage for a beef and onion pie. Another chap came with us sometimes and he would have 'a nice piece of cod' until the week it was his turn to pay, when he would decide he wanted sausage too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I used to love football. I used to meet my mate Dave on a Saturday, drive to Highbury, have a couple of beers, get sasuage and chips from the Arsenal Fish Bar on Avenell Rd, stand on the North Bank and sing viciously anti-semitic songs, enjoy a Mars Bar at half-time, cheer when we were good and giggle when we were outrageously bad, then go home and get on with my life.

What the fúck happened to football? Now it belongs to people like you who touch themselves inappropriately because some **** called Mislintat is in charge of transfers?

Fúcking hell.
    Literally, we used to have no idea about what went on behind the scenes. There was the team, the manager and the Chairman. That was it. And that was all you actually needed to know.

Too much light has been let in upon magic imo. This has resulted in football fans giving a flying fück about the balance sheet and who owns what shares. Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Literally, we used to have no idea about what went on behind the scenes. There was the team, the manager and the Chairman. That was it. And that was all you actually needed to know.

Too much light has been let in upon magic imo. This has resulted in football fans giving a flying fück about the balance sheet and who owns what shares. Bad.
    Exactly. It used to be a fun part of your life that you thought about during the day of the game, or the day after when yopu could read a match report in the paper. NOW YOU HAVE TO BE CONSTANTLY ENRAGED! And not just about results, no; you must also be angered by the activities of the marketing department.

For the first time in my life I find that I don't like football very much at the moment. It's all become depressing.

I used to love football. I used to meet my mate Dave on a Saturday, drive to Highbury, have a couple of beers, get sasuage and chips from the Arsenal Fish Bar on Avenell Rd, stand on the North Bank and sing viciously anti-semitic songs, enjoy a Mars Bar at half-time, cheer when we were good and giggle when we were outrageously bad, then go home and get on with my life.

What the fúck happened to football? Now it belongs to people like you who touch themselves inappropriately because some **** called Mislintat is in charge of transfers?

Fúcking hell.
    I care only that Wenger is being phased out, I have little interest beyond that. And I never touch myself inappropriately, not too often anyway.

And I certainly wasn't doing so when reviewing V's latest Facebook photos which included one of you and your hairy nipple.

Can you ask her to never do it again, hmmm? I was in the middle of a fine bottle of Burgundy at the time and it put me right off.

For the first time in my life I find that I don't like football very much at the moment. It's all become depressing.
    Yeah right.

You've been going on about this for almost a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I care only that Wenger is being phased out, I have little interest beyond that. And I never touch myself inappropriately, not too often anyway.

And I certainly wasn't doing so when reviewing V's latest Facebook photos which included one of you and your hairy nipple.

Can you ask her to never do it again, hmmm? I was in the middle of a fine bottle of Burgundy at the time and it put me right off.
    You'd have had the fish, wouldn't you? Unless it was your turn to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Lacazette?

Works hard. Finds more ways not to score than Kaba Diawara.
    Has hardly any chances created for him. Our attacking play is as bad as it has ever been under wenger. Sanchez seems to be reluctant to pass to him.

BTW - Straw Hat

One of the finest Chinese/Asian meals I have ever eaten; the Wasabi prawns and the soft shell crab were sublime. We treated it as a sort of Asian tapas; ordering loads of different starters until we were stuffed. And interesting dishes as well, not just your bog standard sweet n sour chicken and crispy duck offerings.

Dear, but definitely worth the trip.

Exactly. It used to be a fun part of your life that you thought about during the day of the game, or the day after when yopu could read a match report in the paper. NOW YOU HAVE TO BE CONSTANTLY ENRAGED! And not just about results, no; you must also be angered by the activities of the marketing department.

The chaps ran about in the mud kicking the ball about, the crowd sang the most vile filth uproariously for 90 minutes and the Chairman wore a coat with an Astrakhan collar. And then you'd go outside via crumbling concrete steps and the police would look at you like something they'd found on your shoe all the way to the tube station.

Simpler, better timez.

The chaps ran about in the mud kicking the ball about, the crowd sang the most vile filth uproariously for 90 minutes and the Chairman wore a coat with an Astrakhan collar. And then you'd go outside via crumbling concrete steps and the police would look at you like something they'd found on your shoe all the way to the tube station.

Simpler, better timez.
    I shall hold off visiting until I actually have some fücking money again.

About 2025 at this rate.