Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the transfer window been flung wide yet?

Has the transfer window been flung wide yet?

If it has, how come Sanchez is still at our club?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, the scousers have bought VVD for £75m and are now shocked that Coutinho is almost certain to go to Barca......can't honestly believe they thought they'd fork that out for a player and not sell
    Last edited by PSRB; 01-02-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is it because he’s the only fúcker who seems to know roughly where the goal is?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well, the scousers have bought VVD for £75m and are now shocked that Coutinho isn't almost certain to go to Barca......can't honestly believe they thought they'd fork that out for a player and not sell
    Strikes me as a terribly large sum of money.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well, the scousers have bought VVD for £75m and are now shocked that Coutinho isn't almost certain to go to Barca......can't honestly believe they thought they'd fork that out for a player and not sell
    Excellent article in the Sunday Times by Jonathan Northcroft on the changes taking place at Arsenal in preparation for Wenger leaving. I believe it included the suggestion that Wenger would not be in charge of the transfer window decisions this January, not entirely anyway.

Goretzka and Lemar in, Sanchez and Ramsey out.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Excellent article in the Sunday Times by Jonathan Northcroft on the changes taking place at Arsenal in preparation for Wenger leaving. I believe it included the suggestion that Wenger would not be in charge of the transfer window decisions this January, not entirely anyway.

Indeed I read said article with interest.

I cynically assumed it was a piece placed by the club as it was all extremely positive and reinforcing how great the future could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is it because he’s the only fúcker who seems to know roughly where the goal is?
    Lacazette?

Works hard. Finds more ways not to score than Kaba Diawara.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The relevant part of the article, it gives me hope.

That’s the vision, anyway. Same old Arsenal? Not really any more. It has happened stealthily, often quietly, but 2017 was the club’s biggest year of behind-the-scenes change since Arsène Wenger arrived in 1996. Because Wenger stayed on a fresh two-year deal when his contract came up for renewal in June, the cliché has remained of Arsenal as an institution meandering along — and a continuation of the varied first-team results and performances of recent seasons has furthered that impression, shared by many.

But it may be wrong. 2018 is a year where the effects of huge alterations to the structure around Wenger are expected to start being felt. The January transfer window could be a beginning, with Mislintat coordinating recruitment for the first time.

Wenger to go out with a massive triumph?
    Or more a bit like Phil 'The Power' Taylor did last night; when the new kid on the block handed him his arse.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The relevant part of the article, it gives me hope.

That’s the vision, anyway. Same old Arsenal? Not really any more. It has happened stealthily, often quietly, but 2017 was the club’s biggest year of behind-the-scenes change since Arsène Wenger arrived in 1996. Because Wenger stayed on a fresh two-year deal when his contract came up for renewal in June, the cliché has remained of Arsenal as an institution meandering along — and a continuation of the varied first-team results and performances of recent seasons has furthered that impression, shared by many.

But it may be wrong. 2018 is a year where the effects of huge alterations to the structure around Wenger are expected to start being felt. The January transfer window could be a beginning, with Mislintat coordinating recruitment for the first time.
    I used to love football. I used to meet my mate Dave on a Saturday, drive to Highbury, have a couple of beers, get sasuage and chips from the Arsenal Fish Bar on Avenell Rd, stand on the North Bank and sing viciously anti-semitic songs, enjoy a Mars Bar at half-time, cheer when we were good and giggle when we were outrageously bad, then go home and get on with my life.

What the fúck happened to football? Now it belongs to people like you who touch themselves inappropriately because some **** called Mislintat is in charge of transfers?

Fúcking hell.