Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So a YouTuber has done something stupid and people on Twitter are outraged

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    What the f*ck is vlogging?
    Talking into the internet while slack-jawed youths watch and guffaw, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Odd lot, the nips. I don’t really hold with them, as you know.

Btw, have you read/listened to ‘War in the West’ by James Holland? Two books out so far? V good. Lots of stuff about WWII I didn’t know at all. A very interesting perspective that rejects the usual ‘Invicible Wehrmacht vs hopeless Brits’ line about the early part of the war. In fact, it becomes clear that the German capacity for cock up was quite as great as ours. It also points out that defeats like Norway and Crete were strategically disastrous for Germany - despite them winning.
    I have them in the queue to be read but haven't got there yet. Might be a good option for the forthcoming holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...y-sees-record/

A system that encourages people to abandon their babies by enabling them to do it anonymously strikes me as one of the most ethnically reprehensible ideas I've ever heard.
    Hardly a new idea. Orphanages, convents and monasteries employed such systems for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have them in the queue to be read but haven't got there yet. Might be a good option for the forthcoming holiday.
    You had to mention that you’re going on holiday, didn’t you? Jammy sod. Today is mind-bendingly depressing.

You’re going to start ranting on the internet?

That sounds... healthy.

I got a cider press.
    I shan't rant, no. In fact, I don't intend to speak, or to be seen. I shall tell my stories using moving images.

Of course I have fúck all idea who to get these images from my camera onto the youtubes, so nothing is likely to happen.

Surely, and one doesn't wish to be pedantic, but surely it's an apple press? I mean, pressing cider would seem to me an ultimately fruitless task.

Hardly a new idea. Orphanages, convents and monasteries employed such systems for centuries.
    I know. But in a western country in 2017?

I shan't rant, no. In fact, I don't intend to speak, or to be seen. I shall tell my stories using moving images.

Of course I have fúck all idea who to get these images from my camera onto the youtubes, so nothing is likely to happen.

Surely, and one doesn't wish to be pedantic, but surely it's an apple press? I mean, pressing cider would seem to me an ultimately fruitless task.
    Semantically, you are correct. However, they’re called cider presses. I don’t make the rules.

What are you going to talk about? Cars? Planes? Do you have any other areas of expertise?

Please never, ever talk about football - only lunatics do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I know. But in a western country in 2017?
    Well if the alternative is children being abandoned in bins, parks or public toilets

Semantically, you are correct. However, they’re called cider presses. I don’t make the rules.

What are you going to talk about? Cars? Planes? Do you have any other areas of expertise?

Please never, ever talk about football - only lunatics do that.
    I'm not going to talk at all. No talking. I'm going to show. Show my stories.

We all have our stories to tell.

I'm not going to talk at all. No talking. I'm going to show. Show my stories.

We all have our stories to tell.
    Oh, god! It’s going to be pictures of your knob, isn’t it?