Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So a YouTuber has done something stupid and people on Twitter are outraged

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, god! It’s going to be pictures of your knob, isn’t it?
    with your mum
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Well if the alternative is children being abandoned in bins, parks or public toilets
    You don't think such a system could have the effect of encouraging mothers who, in a moment of despair, decide to give their baby away, when the absence of such a system would compel them to simply pull themselves together?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You don't think such a system could have the effect of encouraging mothers who, in a moment of despair, decide to give their baby away, when the absence of such a system would compel them to simply pull themselves together?
    Well I suppose that possibility has to be balanced against the possibility that, in their despair, they might just kill their babies or abandon them somewhere where they die instead.

It strikes me as the least worst option.

Talking into the internet while slack-jawed youths watch and guffaw, I think.
    Ah, well in that case I may have seen some of this. My teenage children have shown me youtube videos of a young, black chap who speaks with an appallingly common accent doing reviews of fried chicken shops around London. They are the sort of place where swarthy looking people offer a fried chicken meal for around £2.99 including chips and a drink. This young chap uses the words 'mad' and 'sick' and the phrase 'the man' quite a lot.

He has now - apparently - grown up and is a millionaire as a result of these videos.

I don’t really understand what sort of fùcked-up society has a suicide forest, tbh
    North London has a suicide bridge, tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    2017 ended up with me spending 7 hours driving back from the Lakes, a journey that should have taken 4 1/2 hours only! The only upside was that that was marginally better than the 8 1/2 hours it took me to drive up there.

Driving on English motorways is sh1t and one of my 2018 NY resolutions* is to avoid it at all costs.

* I don't really do NY resolutions cause they're also sh1t.
    There's no way you can get from Surrey to the Lakes in four and a half hours in any remotely legal fashion, WES.

I got back to North London from Pooley Bridge, near Penrith via A66, Scotch Corner and A1 in 5 hours the other week, which was a record. It might be worth you considering the A1 if you go again. I hope you had a good visit, despite the traffic. Oh, and never drive on a Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    There's no way you can get from Surrey to the Lakes in four and a half hours in any remotely legal fashion, WES.

I got back to North London from Pooley Bridge, near Penrith via A66, Scotch Corner and A1 in 5 hours the other week, which was a record. It might be worth you considering the A1 if you go again. I hope you had a good visit, despite the traffic. Oh, and never drive on a Friday.
    Took us over 5 hours to get back from Sheffield the day after boxing day so that really is quite impressive

I definitely favour the A1 route these days, especially with the nonsense on the M1 around J15 which has been going on for years.

I'm more excited about Ullswater in April than I am about Vietnam next week What's happened to me?

Took me 5 1/2 hours to get from Brighton to Knaresborough on Saturday... that was also a record
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I definitely favour the A1 route these days, especially with the nonsense on the M1 around J15 which has been going on for years.
    Last time I tries the M1/M6 there was a 50mph thing which seems to extend from Stoke to Luton. More painful than watching The Arsenal at the moment.

I'm more excited about Ullswater in April than I am about Vietnam next week What's happened to me?
    I don't know. Maybe you are becoming a true patriot!