Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone working a full day today?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Jan 8, what sort of workshy fop are you?

Not a workshy fop at all. So much so that i have not used my holiday allowance so I have to use that up or I lose it. Besides, I'm travelling 3500 miles to spend the holidays with the in laws.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Not a workshy fop at all. So much so that i have not used my holiday allowance so I have to use that up or I lose it. Besides, I'm travelling 3500 miles to spend the holidays with the in laws.
    Oh I say, I do all within my not unsubstantial powers to completely avoid my in-laws at this time of the year.

God bless different countries and the distance therein.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but you own the means of production and are - presumably - employing them at a considerable profit to yourself. So you can console yourself that you are exploiting them because they are always being paid considerably less than their labour actually accrues and that you are hoovering up that difference in order to pay for your diamond-encrusted underpants and whatnot.
    Thanks b, that means a lot. I feel better now. :sniff:

I have just had an Operations meeting (09:00 and at mid-day I have a GDPR meeting.
    Did you hear that Wetherspoons decided to delete their entire marketing database to be on the safe side? Not that they need one, of course.

I have to compose an email right now to a future software supplier explaining for about the third time the data structure we need to comply with the GDPR, having spend about two hours previously on the phone to them explaining what was required.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Thanks b, that means a lot. I feel better now. :sniff:
    Yes. Now about those diamond-encrusted underpants - I’m pretty sure the diamonds are supposed to go on the outside

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Now about those diamond-encrusted underpants - I’m pretty sure the diamonds are supposed to go on the outside
    Perhaps he wants to be pejazzled
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

You're a journalist of sorts, not exactly noted for work ethic. When are you back then?
    Actually, I call myself a magazine editor these days. For some reason, calling myself this rather than a journalist means I pay lower insurance premiums. Fúck knows why.

I’m back on the 2nd, which I think is indecently early. Sometimes one can stretch these Christmas breaks into nearly three weeks.

Oh I say, I do all within my not unsubstantial powers to completely avoid my in-laws at this time of the year.

God bless different countries and the distance therein.
    To be fair, I have a brilliant relationship with my in laws. We haven't done Christmas with them since 2008. We'll also be skiing as they live about 30 minutes from 3 ski resorts
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Did you hear that Wetherspoons decided to delete their entire marketing database to be on the safe side? Not that they need one, of course.

I have to compose an email right now to a future software supplier explaining for about the third time the data structure we need to comply with the GDPR, having spend about two hours previously on the phone to them explaining what was required.

Probably suggests the Spoons never had any type of consent controls in the first place. Can’t imagine they have or need a huge marketing machine anyway, a person that wishes to attend Monday night curry club does so irrespective of an email arriving in their inbox.

It’s all a massive pain in the *******s, as we have discussed and now our HR friend (Nazi?) has also confirmed. I had reached the point where my boss was basically taking the piss and giving all the work to me so I have told him I am not willing to become the company DPO. Have to say the atmosphere is frostier than Tony the Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    To be fair, I have a brilliant relationship with my in laws. We haven't done Christmas with them since 2008. We'll also be skiing as they live about 30 minutes from 3 ski resorts
    Mine are in two seperate shíthouses in South Wales so I hope you can see my dilemma.