Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone working a full day today?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Should I send this lot home early or make them stay until 5:30?
    Have you ever made them work until 5.30 on the last day before Christmas holibobs?

Should I send this lot home early or make them stay until 5:30?

On holiday now until Jan 8th. Spent most of yesterday in the pub. The office will be almost empty but there is a small wine party at 3:30pm held by senior management.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    On holiday now until Jan 8th. Spent most of yesterday in the pub. The office will be almost empty but there is a small wine party at 3:30pm held by senior management.
    Jan 8, what sort of workshy fop are you?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Jan 8, what sort of workshy fop are you?
    I’ve been off since last Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Have you ever made them work until 5.30 on the last day before Christmas holibobs?
    Not previously, no. But this week I have listened to Dicken's Christmas Carol, I have watched the Disney animation of A Christmas Carol, and I have watched the George C Scott Christmas Carol, and I find my sympathies entirely in accord with the thoughts of the early period Scrooge.

I'm paying these bástards to sit on their fat arses guzxzling booze and turkey that I've fúcking paid for. It's adding insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’ve been off since last Friday
    You're a journalist of sorts, not exactly noted for work ethic. When are you back then?
    Last edited by Burney; 12-22-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    and at mid-day I have a GDPR meeting.
    have it at the pub. Alcohol is the only way to get through that stuff . . .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I'm paying these bástards to sit on their fat arses guzxzling booze and turkey that I've fúcking paid for. It's adding insult to injury.
    consider this a deposit into the emotional bank, sc. They may even think you are slightly less of ****ish boss than previously thought
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Not previously, no. But this week I have listened to Dicken's Christmas Carol, I have watched the Disney animation of A Christmas Carol, and I have watched the George C Scott Christmas Carol, and I find my sympathies entirely in accord with the thoughts of the early period Scrooge.

Yes, but you own the means of production and are - presumably - employing them at a considerable profit to yourself. So you can console yourself that you are exploiting them because they are always being paid considerably less than their labour actually accrues and that you are hoovering up that difference in order to pay for your diamond-encrusted underpants and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    consider this a deposit into the emotional bank, sc. They may even think you are slightly less of ****ish boss than previously thought
    Oh they're fully aware that I'm a pushover, sadly.