Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So it's Chelsea

So it's Chelsea

in the League Cup semi-final. Booooooooo! Didn't want them.

Last time we played them in this tournament was horrible. A huge allocation of their National Front style old boys being all lairy in and around our gaff. Getting thrashed on the pitch as well ISTR.

Second leg at home - so a lost cause according to my pessimistic mindset on this. Hardly anyone will buy a ticket. The QF was half empty - you could walk round almost the whole ground through the empty rows of seats. We used to fill the place with the cheap tickets a few years ago. now we can hardly give 'em away. "Your ground's too big for you" taunted the Whammers. "We bought your stadium" should have been the reply, if anyone had joined in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Last time we played them in this tournament was horrible. A huge allocation of their National Front style old boys being all lairy in and around our gaff. Getting thrashed on the pitch as well ISTR.

Second leg at home - so a lost cause according to my pessimistic mindset on this. Hardly anyone will buy a ticket. The QF was half empty - you could walk round almost the whole ground through the empty rows of seats. We used to fill the place with the cheap tickets a few years ago. now we can hardly give 'em away. "Your ground's too big for you" taunted the Whammers. "We bought your stadium" should have been the reply, if anyone had joined in.
    In fairness, that was Islington Council's fault, they refused to let the club put the tickets on general sale

On the other hand, I believe we've only lost once in our last five meetings ?
    So, a crushing defeat on the cards then.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    In fairness, that was Islington Council's fault, they refused to let the club put the tickets on general sale
    General sale for a London derby is perhaps not the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Ah, that explains why the touts were active outside the tube. "Nah, mate, it's gotta be forty quid at least. I have to make my cut" I overheard.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    General sale for a London derby is perhaps not the best idea.
    Apparently it was due to the Koln match but yes, probably for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

still a better draw than United's. some goal from Bristol City's left back mind

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    still a better draw than United's. some goal from Bristol City's left back mind
    I was also impressed with a few well executed tackles from their RB. Certainly made a change to watching Monreal racing about like a headless chicken, flying into tackles on the edge of the box alongside Kos and Mustafi, while vacating acres of space for an attack down the channels.

And both legs will make use of a Video Referee Assistant.

Thank got Aleem Dar doesn’t do football else they’d play enough football for 4 legs.