Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walcotts header

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You can’t just sell a bloke if he does not want to leave / is happy to sit and do fúck all and trouser €100k per week.

One would have thought the simple fact that AW has not felt encouraged enough to start him once all season in the PL would have him, as a professional footballer, desperately looking to change clubs.
    IF we managed to get a club interested even TW must realise that a decent second half of the season could get him on the plane to Russia?

He has zero chance of going at the moment and I can't imagine he is happy playing only cup games
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    IF we managed to get a club interested even TW must realise that a decent second half of the season could get him on the plane to Russia?

He has zero chance of going at the moment and I can't imagine he is happy playing only cup games
    I suggest if he was that motivated professionally he would have looked to force an exit last summer.

In summary, he is a wastrel.

I suggest if he was that motivated professionally he would have looked to force an exit last summer.

The man earns £100k (GBP) per week. Just think about that for a moment.

He's not going to get that anywhere else, so he just as well keep turning up for training so that he can buy more coffee machines.

Or his agent has advised him to stay put and run the contract down as he may not command this kind of salary elsewhere?

I guess this probably amounts to the same thing.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I'm sure that many of us would take 100k+ pw for being a wastrel for as long as we could.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm sure that many of us would take 100k+ pw for being a wastrel for as long as we could.
    Not from the Arsenal though surely? We want to win the league, I thought.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Plus most of us probably would be confident of our abilities.
    We all believe we are a bit better than we actually are.

A professional footballer should surely want to play all the same, and he probably would elsewhere at clubs not a million miles down the ladder (as such) from us.

As for the financial comments I am quite sure he could at very least equal his wages, if not better them, elsewhere given the frankly sick levels of money in the PL.

He's just a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Not from the Arsenal though surely? We want to win the league, I thought.
    Even over-paid, under-used footballers have the right to earn a living, redg.

By 'earn' I do of course mean 'nick'.

A professional footballer should surely want to play all the same, and he probably would elsewhere at clubs not a million miles down the ladder (as such) from us.
    If, as I am so often told, that football is a business just the same as any other business, and that players are hired by their employers in the same way that the rest of us are hired by our employers and/or clients, then why should he want to work any harder than he has to when he is clearly minted doing eff-all?