Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I’m pretty sure Oxford St at Xmas would’ve changed Dr Johnson’s mind about London

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    So the Woodbine on match day, really.
    I can't do it anymore. Popped my head in, waved hello, and continued up the road to the Highbury Barn on Saturday. Basically ten times the size of the Woodbine with only twice as many people in it. Took only moments to get served.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Maybe you are just not very good at ordering a drink. I have heard this suggested.....
    I can assure you Peter that while I have been accused of a great many things (rarely with any validity, of course), I have absolutely never been accused of not getting my round in.

And if there's a good way to get easily to the bar when it's rammed about 4 people deep the entire length of it, I'm all ears.

To be fair to the large Canadian I can verify that he knows where the bar is.

Unlike some.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I can't do it anymore. Popped my head in, waved hello, and continued up the road to the Highbury Barn on Saturday. Basically ten times the size of the Woodbine with only twice as many people in it. Took only moments to get served.
    Are you going tonight, a?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I can assure you Peter that while I have been accused of a great many things (rarely with any validity, of course), I have absolutely never been accused of not getting my round in.

And if there's a good way to get easily to the bar when it's rammed about 4 people deep the entire length of it, I'm all ears.
    THis is the big mistake. You dont have to get to the bar to order a drink. Its all in the eyebrows......

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    To be fair to the large Canadian I can verify that he knows where the bar is.

Unlike some.

Peter.

We have been together on licensed premises once. During that brief time I purchased you several drinks and offered more. I dont recall you leading a stampede to the bar.....

You know, turning down a drink is pretty rude.... I was quite hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We have been together on licensed premises once. During that brief time I purchased you several drinks and offered more. I dont recall you leading a stampede to the bar.....

You know, turning down a drink is pretty rude.... I was quite hurt.
    If sw can recall being in the bar with you at all you should take it as a compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Are you going tonight, a?
    Yes, I made a commitment to actually go to the Woodbine before the match tonight on the assumption that it will be quieter for a League Cup game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes, I made a commitment to actually go to the Woodbine before the match tonight on the assumption that it will be quieter for a League Cup game.
    Well, I’ll be there. Not sure if that counts as quieter

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well, I’ll be there. Not sure if that counts as quieter
    Caribou Cup glory hunter.