Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I’m pretty sure Oxford St at Xmas would’ve changed Dr Johnson’s mind about London

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I love the Brass Rail
    Never done that but I take the family WES into London every year pre-Christmas to visit Selfridges, Fortnum and Mason, Harvey Nichs, Harrods or some combination of the four. We treat ourselves to lots of wonderful little things for the Christmas break; foie gras, caviar, pata negra, the finest smoked salmon we can find etc etc.

Followed by a meal. Last time it was that burger and lobster place in Harvey Nicks (not recommended), this year it shall be Goodmans in Mayfair.

This Friday as it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Never done that but I take the family WES into London every year pre-Christmas to visit Selfridges, Fortnum and Mason, Harvey Nichs, Harrods or some combination of the four. We treat ourselves to lots of wonderful little things for the Christmas break; foie gras, caviar, pata negra, the finest smoked salmon we can find etc etc.

Followed by a meal. Last time it was that burger and lobster place in Harvey Nicks (not recommended), this year it shall be Goodmans in Mayfair.

This Friday as it happens.
    Hang on. You go shopping in the West End at Christmas FOR FUN?!

You are one sick motherfùcker, WES and no mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

That is fúcking madness, isn't it?

fter that, he's going to eat American beef slurry.

Never mind madness, it’s fúcking child abuse in my book.

Jesus fùcking wept

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Not really, I wouldn't describe it that way. We browse around and buy really nice food to enjoy over the holidays at the food courts.

And given where I live, it is rather nice to be amongst the hustle and bustle of one of the world's greatest cities.

Remember, unlike you and Charles I don't actually hate people.

We've done this, you know nothing of beef. We reached that conclusion some time ago.

Not really, I wouldn't describe it that way. We browse around and buy really nice food to enjoy over the holidays at the food courts.

And given where I live, it is rather nice to be amongst the hustle and bustle of one of the world's greatest cities.

Fair play to you, Wesley. I managed to get over half of my Christmas shopping done today in my lunch break around Covent Garden and Seven Dials. I sometimes brave the throng in Oxford Street and I can cope with it a lot better than an over-crowded pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Fair play to you, Wesley. I managed to get over half of my Christmas shopping done today in my lunch break around Covent Garden and Seven Dials. I sometimes brave the throng in Oxford Street and I can cope with it a lot better than an over-crowded pub.
    Worst. Thing. Ever.

An over-crowded pub where you have to wait 5 minutes to get to the bar and order a beer.

So the Woodbine on match day, really.

Food Courts..... say no more.

Worst. Thing. Ever.

An over-crowded pub where you have to wait 5 minutes to get to the bar and order a beer.

So the Woodbine on match day, really.
    Maybe you are just not very good at ordering a drink. I have heard this suggested.....