Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I’m pretty sure Oxford St at Xmas would’ve changed Dr Johnson’s mind about London

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Caribou Cup glory hunter.
    It's the best, sw Surprised you aren't over for it. I have a feeling my last League cup game was the final v Brum

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    So the Woodbine on match day, really.
    I'm not quite sure how the Woodbine manages to run out of some beers on a match day. Before kick off too.

Quite remarkable lack of stock, there.

or has LA been in since opening time...?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Never done that but I take the family WES into London every year pre-Christmas to visit Selfridges, Fortnum and Mason, Harvey Nichs, Harrods or some combination of the four. We treat ourselves to lots of wonderful little things for the Christmas break; foie gras, caviar, pata negra, the finest smoked salmon we can find etc etc.

Followed by a meal. Last time it was that burger and lobster place in Harvey Nicks (not recommended), this year it shall be Goodmans in Mayfair.

This Friday as it happens.
    That sounds awesome. Invite me, please

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Never mind madness, it’s fúcking child abuse in my book.

Jesus fùcking wept
    I don't know if you ever saw it, but Malcolm McLaren did a wonderful one-off Christmas special show thing about the history of Oxford Street and growing up around there. It would've aired in the early nineties, I think. Very personal recollections and musings and, of course, a bit of music; the Happy Mondays, as condemned villains on their way to the legendary "Tyburn Tree" performing "Staying Alive", being a particular favourite highlight.

The thing could maybe have done with a bigger budget, or perhaps that would've smothered its modest, soulful charm.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."