Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Minnie Driver believes having your bum touched on the subway is "no better than

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’m sorry, but even being a teenager doesn’t excuse having a thing for Minnie ‘Balloon-Head’ Driver, m.

Also, her voice is profoundly annoying.
    But she just seemed different to most girls, who in my limited experience were meek, diffident and...just...vanilla. She awakened me to the fact that females could have personalities too.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    But she just seemed different to most girls, who in my limited experience were meek, diffident and...just...vanilla. She awakened me to the fact that women could have personalities too.
    You mean she was a bit mannish, don’t you, you screaming queer?

NTTAWWI

You mean she was a bit mannish, don’t you, you screaming queer?

NTTAWWI
    Oh I think it's fair to say we'd all like our women to be a bit more like men, personality wise. The benefits barely even need listing, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    She has a point. A man so devoid of normal social boundaries as to help himself to a handful of arse feel will probably be quite capable of rape too.

Fascinating statistic that emerged recently from the Stats Office was that 90% of convicted rapists were already known to the police for other offences and for 80% of them, the other offence was burglary.
    I'm not sure I get the attraction of rape. It's just never really appealed.

Both offences also require a profound lack of empathy, I would suggest.
    Right. Like Robert De Niro in "Heat".
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Oh I think it's fair to say we'd all like our women to be a bit more like men, personality wise. The benefits barely even need listing, surely?
    Yes, but as far as most of us concerned, those benefits do not extend to us fancying strapping six-footers with square jaws, deep, husky voices and shoulders like a middleweight boxer.

Go on then ..

List the benefits, I mean.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm not sure I get the attraction of rape. It's just never really appealed.
    It seems like a lot of effort, apart from anything else. And it must be a bit awks afterwards.

That’s the thing: it’s the fact that three of our four established batters have barely fired that’s really hurt us. The new guys have done OK. That and the fact that we have zero chance of bowling Australia out twice on good pitches, of course.

Root should be relieved of the captaincy for his own good.
    We have bowled them out twice in three tests.

The batting may have cost us the three tests but big improvements there would only have got us draws. Our bowling ias just not capable of taking 20 wickets.

So be it. We cant construct a bowling attack based on the needs of one tour every year. All these people screaming for 90mph bowlers- would they seriously want to field them instead of Broad and Anderson in every series?

Stokes would have made a difference but we were never going to retain the ashes. Not losing 5-0 would have been nice though....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We have bowled them out twice in three tests.

The batting may have cost us the three tests but big improvements there would only have got us draws. Our bowling ias just not capable of taking 20 wickets.

So be it. We cant construct a bowling attack based on the needs of one tour every year. All these people screaming for 90mph bowlers- would they seriously want to field them instead of Broad and Anderson in every series?

Stokes would have made a difference but we were never going to retain the ashes. Not losing 5-0 would have been nice though....
    I think Broad is finished and Anderson is always going to struggle in unhelpful conditions. The second string are pretty pathetic without Stokes, our only 90mph bowler is crocked and our only spinner is an injured part-timer. It was always going to be a big ask.

The fact is that the batting has been too reliant for too long on all-rounders chipping in down the order. Now one of those all-rounders is under police investigation and another is injured and appears to have forgotten how to bat. With neither Root nor Cook firing, we’ve been bloody lucky the newbies have stepped up it it could have been even more embarrassing.

Bowling-wise, the post Broad/Anderson future looks super-bleak.