Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blimey, Dele Ali and Kane are a properly nasty pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've never really got the whole 'saviour' thing, to be honest. I don't think it was explained very well. There was this existential threat to humanity, right? But we're never really told what it was. So God sends his son, a sort of Godlysuperhero, to 'save' us, which he eventually achieves by allowing himself to be nailed to a cross, rather than say, truning the Roman legionaries into pillars of salt or simesuch.

I would like someone to explain how, and from what, he saved us. Thank you.
    Well before he came along, God was fùcking Jewish, wasn’t he? So he saved us all from being Jews. That seems pretty good to me.

Although I do remember reading in Piers Plowright how Jesus popped off down to hell while he was dead, battered the devil and let everyone out of hell. Not sure that’s canon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Well, obviously we'd all like to see him try and do it with Swindon Town, but Mr Mourinho has spent nearly as much and no-one really wants to see his team play. Just a rich Tony Pulis.
    Errrrr...also, City have been spending ludicrous amounts of money for nearly a decade and have never looked this good. I think he deserves a bit of credit!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am afraid unless you can show me the actual contretemps I am going to have to label you a liar. About 3 years ago as you suggest KdB would have been doing his thing with Wolfsburg and I would have been fully aware of his talent though I am unsure if a comparison to Bergkamp would at that point been appropriate.

Unless I was just a "thick big nosed ****" in general, which then I stand by my comments.
    He is not on the same planet as Dennis so you can all **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He is not on the same planet as Dennis so you can all **** off.
    Well of course the comparison is wildly premature and simply made in order to get reaction, but he is damned fine footballer playing in a damned fine side.

I couldn't care less how much they have spent, good luck to them. I mean they haven't even allowed B Silva a genuine run in the team yet and he is ridiculously good.

Well of course the comparison is wildly premature and simply made in order to get reaction, but he is damned fine footballer playing in a damned fine side.

I couldn't care less how much they have spent, good luck to them. I mean they haven't even allowed B Silva a genuine run in the team yet and he is ridiculously good.
    Agreed, thought he was the pick of the Monaco side when they played city last season. The little silva is a fantastic player as well, I love watching him. Used to remind me a tiny bit of pires.

I dont think any of the city players are at the level of bergkamp, Henry or vieira as stand out individuals. They do, however, have an array of seriously ****ing good players, some of whom are getting better. A better squad than the invincibles but the stars are not at the same level as those three- nobody is.

I mean, even Pele can **** off.

Agreed, thought he was the pick of the Monaco side when they played city last season. The little silva is a fantastic player as well, I love watching him. Used to remind me a tiny bit of pires.

I dont think any of the city players are at the level of bergkamp, Henry or vieira as stand out individuals. They do, however, have an array of seriously ****ing good players, some of whom are getting better. A better squad than the invincibles but the stars are not at the same level as those three- nobody is.

Quite so, and there's just no way anyone would put Walker, Delph, Mangala and Otamendi ahead of Lauren, Cole, Keown and Campbell, despite Wenger doing his trademark best to f uck up the defence by acquiring Cygan.

No, I think you have to put Sane into the convo. He is seriously good and incredibly fast. Dangereuse.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Quite so, and there's just no way anyone would put Walker, Delph, Mangala and Otamendi ahead of Lauren, Cole, Keown and Campbell, despite Wenger doing his trademark best to f uck up the defence by acquiring Cygan.
    Walker is a much better RB than Ralph ever was imo.

And when DeBruyne played that first time cross field ball over the RBs head into Sane's feet I genuinely thought something like 'jesus, he reminded me of Dennis there'.

And Teddy Sheringham, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Walker is a much better RB than Ralph ever was imo.

And when DeBruyne played that first time cross field ball over the RBs head into Sane's feet I genuinely thought something like 'jesus, he reminded me of Dennis there'.

And Teddy Sheringham, of course.
    You are a terrible person.

Actually, I've always used Manchester City's spending as a stick to beat Wenger with; I always felt it was folly to attempt to play billion dollar football with a cut-rate team. And anyway, I didn't believe it was possible to fanny-dance your way to the Premier League title, but Pep Guardiola is proving me wrong. Good luck to him; they were superb against Spurs
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."