Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blimey, Dele Ali and Kane are a properly nasty pair.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Actually, I've always used Manchester City's spending as a stick to beat Wenger with; I always felt it was folly to attempt to play billion dollar football with a cut-rate team. And anyway, I didn't believe it was possible to fanny-dance your way to the Premier League title, but Pep Guardiola is proving me wrong. Good luck to him; they were superb against Spurs
    And I thought Spurs actually played quite well for an hour.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Indeed, they did. Really special teams, though, almost have an obligation to win, there's a kind of air of inevitability about it.

It's like playing FIFA at two or three levels above your station (or against your twelve year-old son, in my case); you feel you're doing really well just by staying in the game, but, in the end, unless you score four, you will lose.

We used to be like that sometimes. Barcelona too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

At the risk of using a cliché, they lacked patience and composure in the final third but got into a lot of very good positions. At 1-0 they were still in it but each time they played the final ball too quickly or too badly.

Their FBs were terrible, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    At the risk of using a cliché, they lacked patience and composure in the final third but got into a lot of very good positions. At 1-0 they were still in it but each time they played the final ball too quickly or too badly.

Their FBs were terrible, I thought.
    I did notice they kept trying to play the ball from the back even when City pressed them up to the edge of the box. I was amazed that they managed to do this under such pressure without feeling the need to knock aimless passes across their own box. I suppose their coach told them not to.

I did notice they kept trying to play the ball from the back even when City pressed them up to the edge of the box. I was amazed that they managed to do this under such pressure without feeling the need to knock aimless passes across their own box. I suppose their coach told them not to.
    Very good P.. I saw what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Very good P.. I saw what you did there.
    They protected the ball when they got cornered and were prepared to lose the ball to a throw on rather than risk everything with a chip across the box or a back heel or other act of ****ery.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Well, obviously we'd all like to see him try and do it with Swindon Town, but Mr Mourinho has spent nearly as much and no-one really wants to see his team play. Just a rich Tony Pulis.
    I disagree. It's fascinating to see Mourinho make a billion dollar team play like Swindon Town.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."