Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Detectorists.

Detectorists.

Now there may be those who accuse me of being a bit literal here, but I found the ending unsatisfying.

Why did the REDACTED fall from the REDACTED at exactly that moment? Did Lance and Andy SEE them fall? How much were they worth? Were they declared treasure trove, in which case how much did Lance and Andy get each? Did they share it with the other members of the metal detecting club, including the two temporary members? How much work was required on Andy's house? Is he qualified to tackle the more technical trades? And now I come to mention it, wasn't Lance already rich from his find at the end of series 2?

Lazy writing, if you ask me. Shakespeare would have had a big denouement, when everything got explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Now there may be those who accuse me of being a bit literal here, but I found the ending unsatisfying.

Why did the REDACTED fall from the REDACTED at exactly that moment? Did Lance and Andy SEE them fall? How much were they worth? Were they declared treasure trove, in which case how much did Lance and Andy get each? Did they share it with the other members of the metal detecting club, including the two temporary members? How much work was required on Andy's house? Is he qualified to tackle the more technical trades? And now I come to mention it, wasn't Lance already rich from his find at the end of series 2?

Lazy writing, if you ask me. Shakespeare would have had a big denouement, when everything got explained.
    Nah, Shakespeare would have just had three quarters of the cast getting killed.

The REDACTED fell down because they did. Yes, Lance and Andy saw them because they were seen going towards them.

It wasn't about the money - it was about discovering gold (and thus a site of archeological interest - potentially saving the field). Financial matters wouldn't have come into it. Lance didn't get much money from his brooch - that's not the point.

I'm sure Andy's house would be fine. Everyone will chip and his wife is basically a man and can do a lot of the work. Meanwhile, they can all keep living with his manly wife's mum Diana Rigg while the work gets done.

Basically, everything is happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nah, Shakespeare would have just had three quarters of the cast getting killed.

The REDACTED fell down because they did. Yes, Lance and Andy saw them because they were seen going towards them.

It wasn't about the money - it was about discovering gold (and thus a site of archeological interest - potentially saving the field). Financial matters wouldn't have come into it. Lance didn't get much money from his brooch - that's not the point.

I'm sure Andy's house would be fine. Everyone will chip and his wife is basically a man and can do a lot of the work. Meanwhile, they can all keep living with his manly wife's mum Diana Rigg while the work gets done.

Basically, everything is happily ever after.
    But how will Andy repay the REDACTED to his wife's REDACTED? £55,000 is a lot of money for a man incapable of holidng down any sort of job. It's all very well finding gold, but if you don't turn it into money, how do you eat?

Did you notice that Lance's daughter had a spectacular pair of REDACTED on her?

But how will Andy repay the REDACTED to his wife's REDACTED? £55,000 is a lot of money for a man incapable of holidng down any sort of job. It's all very well finding gold, but if you don't turn it into money, how do you eat?

Did you notice that Lance's daughter had a spectacular pair of REDACTED on her?
    Oh, I assume she'll die or something and they won't have to pay it back. And the manly wife will probably go back to leeching off the taxpayer by being a teacher or something. Like I say, it'll be fine. And the whole point of the detectorists was that they were time travellers, not treasure hunters. The money means nothing to them because they're lovely.

I did notice that, but felt that she was a little thick of leg.

Detectorists fact: The theme song is sung by Johnny Flynn, brother of Jerome Flynn of Game of Thrones and Robson & Jerome fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I assume she'll die or something and they won't have to pay it back. And the manly wife will probably go back to leeching off the taxpayer by being a teacher or something. Like I say, it'll be fine. And the whole point of the detectorists was that they were time travellers, not treasure hunters. The money means nothing to them because they're lovely.

I did notice that, but felt that she was a little thick of leg.

Detectorists fact: The theme song is sung by Johnny Flynn, brother of Jerome Flynn of Game of Thrones and Robson & Jerome fame.
    Further Detectorists fact: The thick-legged, big-REDACTED bird who sounded like a Mick is actually a welsher.

Further Detectorists fact: The thick-legged, big-REDACTED bird who sounded like a Mick is actually a welsher.
    Yes, I saw that. I still would, though. Thick legs and all.

wot a pair of middle/upper class snobs
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'