Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The Brexit negotiations are more than a little worrying, right ?

The Brexit negotiations are more than a little worrying, right ?

I'm no avid follower of politics but I have this impending sense of doom, that in order to find a solution, May and her cronies are about to salt away billions, accept a raft of appeasement caveats, resulting in us exiting the EU, with a huge bill, limited trade agreements, and no realistic prospect of stemming the continual influx of immigrants via the Irish backdoor ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I'm no avid follower of politics but I have this impending sense of doom, that in order to find a solution, May and her cronies are about to salt away billions, accept a raft of appeasement caveats, resulting in us exiting the EU, with a huge bill, limited trade agreements, and no realistic prospect of stemming the continual influx of immigrants via the Irish backdoor ?
    Yes, but watching the Twitterati melt down during Question Time makes it all worthwhile, imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Nah. It'll be fine. We're talking about the UK, man.

My understanding of the rather complex issue is that the common travel area will exist between the 6 and 26 counties of Ireland but not between Ireland and the mainland UK.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    My understanding of the rather complex issue is that the common travel area will exist between the 6 and 26 counties of Ireland but not between Ireland and the mainland UK.
    Yes, sw, but how are we going to keep the freeloading wo...sorry, 'migrants' out of Northern Ireland?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, sw, but how are we going to keep the freeloading wo...sorry, 'migrants' out of Northern Ireland?
    Oh, they're easily idenfitiable b, dey all tork loik diss.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You're not as there will be no border at which to stop them, but they won't be able to claim under your social welfare systems (or whatever it is called) thus no longer freeloading as such.

No idea how it is all going to work in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You're not as there will be no border at which to stop them, but they won't be able to claim under your social welfare systems (or whatever it is called) thus no longer freeloading as such.

No idea how it is all going to work in reality.
    To be fair, if the unrelenting hostility of the Northern Irish towards those of other ethnicities doesn't put them off, nothing will.