Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I visit friends of ours who have recently had kids

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    They are never really difficult, at least mine weren't. Even the 'sleepless nights' bit was a nonsense, I remember none of those. Some interrupted sleep? Sure, but that was easy enough to get used to.

Kids are a joy, I wish mine were young again. Teenagers are not a joy. Now I can't wait for them to leave.
    Now the youngest is finally sleeping through-ish (was sick all over her mum last night and a temp 103F) it's a lot better. The 5 yr old is a doddle and a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Now the youngest is finally sleeping through-ish (was sick all over her mum last night and a temp 103F) it's a lot better. The 5 yr old is a doddle and a lot of fun.
    From about 3 - 8 they are the greatest things ever, a non-stop source of entertainment and fun. I never thought I could love something as much as I loved them at that age.

Mrs WES and I once had a discussion over a bottle of red about what age would you freeze them at if you could. 8 and 6 for us. No downside at that age and they are still a joy.

Anyone who doesn't want children has no soul.

From about 3 - 8 they are the greatest things ever, a non-stop source of entertainment and fun. I never thought I could love something as much as I loved them at that age.

Mrs WES and I once had a discussion over a bottle of red about what age would you freeze them at if you could. 8 and 6 for us. No downside at that age and they are still a joy.

Anyone who doesn't want children has no soul.
    Then I have no soul. Nor do I want one.

They are never really difficult, at least mine weren't. Even the 'sleepless nights' bit was a nonsense, I remember none of those. Some interrupted sleep? Sure, but that was easy enough to get used to.

Kids are a joy, I wish mine were young again. Teenagers are not a joy. Now I can't wait for them to leave.
    I do NOT like being woken up. I wont tolerate it.

I would think the teenagers are a laugh. Ap ain in the arse, possibly, but I think I would find that funny. Although these days you cant give them a smack can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

I would think the teenagers are a laugh. Ap ain in the arse, possibly, but I think I would find that funny. Although these days you cant give them a smack can you?
    You can go for a pint with your teenager mind you.

Actually I go for a pint with the 10 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Plastered

Do you use him as a homing device, sw?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I always took even my baby boys to the pub, with a hound or two as well to make sure they behaved themselves, kept quiet.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

To be fair, I never liked being woken up but there are exceptions to that and kids aren't one of them.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    To be fair, I never liked being woken up but there are exceptions to that and kids aren't one of them.
    Right. My dogs wake me up; the children wake their mother up.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."