Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I visit friends of ours who have recently had kids

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Around years 3-5 was a doddle.

My eldest is 10. He was doing his school homework on Tuesday IUFG, and in his sentence homework they have to find replacement words for a specifically underlined word in a sentence.

The underlined word was “plastered”, as in a few too many.

Ireland

****ered.......

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    merely reinforcing the stereotype of your own people, sw. fine work by the local education authority, there.

What word did he use to replace it?

BTW - The youngest is 9 and I don't remember any 'easy' years tbh.
    He used “drunk” which was okay though predictable. Being a chancer he then went for “very drunk” at which point I told him he was taking the piss. He then tried “wasted” and I was just about to explain how that term is more used for drug intake but decided that is for another day.

I must say I was surprised at it being in the book but it must be approved within the curriculum.

By all accounts the mothers on the Whatsapp group were having quite the tizzy.

p.s. "easy" is relative. From here on it gets worse by all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    they look exhausted, miserable, broke, on the verge of divorce,

Yet they insist that we should have a kid. And when I say you are a good example of not having one they get offended

Then they say it's the greatest thing.
    Then I say I've just been on holiday and they look sad.
    Because it is quite clearly a ****ing nightmare and they dont see why you should get away with it.

I understand it is also very rewarding.

**** that, I dont want them. Looks like a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Because it is quite clearly a ****ing nightmare and they dont see why you should get away with it.

I understand it is also very rewarding.

**** that, I dont want them. Looks like a nightmare
    They are never really difficult, at least mine weren't. Even the 'sleepless nights' bit was a nonsense, I remember none of those. Some interrupted sleep? Sure, but that was easy enough to get used to.

Kids are a joy, I wish mine were young again. Teenagers are not a joy. Now I can't wait for them to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    They are never really difficult, at least mine weren't. Even the 'sleepless nights' bit was a nonsense, I remember none of those. Some interrupted sleep? Sure, but that was easy enough to get used to.

Kids are a joy, I wish mine were young again. Teenagers are not a joy. Now I can't wait for them to leave.
    Now the youngest is finally sleeping through-ish (was sick all over her mum last night and a temp 103F) it's a lot better. The 5 yr old is a doddle and a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

I do NOT like being woken up. I wont tolerate it.

I would think the teenagers are a laugh. Ap ain in the arse, possibly, but I think I would find that funny. Although these days you cant give them a smack can you?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Now the youngest is finally sleeping through-ish (was sick all over her mum last night and a temp 103F) it's a lot better. The 5 yr old is a doddle and a lot of fun.
    From about 3 - 8 they are the greatest things ever, a non-stop source of entertainment and fun. I never thought I could love something as much as I loved them at that age.

Mrs WES and I once had a discussion over a bottle of red about what age would you freeze them at if you could. 8 and 6 for us. No downside at that age and they are still a joy.

Anyone who doesn't want children has no soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I do NOT like being woken up. I wont tolerate it.

I would think the teenagers are a laugh. Ap ain in the arse, possibly, but I think I would find that funny. Although these days you cant give them a smack can you?
    You can go for a pint with your teenager mind you.

Actually I go for a pint with the 10 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You can go for a pint with your teenager mind you.

Actually I go for a pint with the 10 year old.
    Plastered

Quote Originally Posted by The Rob2 View Post
    Does your Mrs want kids?

I suppose you either put up with all the **** that goes with having kids, or you risk dying alone
    No, she has this weird it's selfish to bring in a kid into this mental world/we don't ask to be born sort of thing.