Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I visit friends of ours who have recently had kids

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    From about 3 - 8 they are the greatest things ever, a non-stop source of entertainment and fun. I never thought I could love something as much as I loved them at that age.

Mrs WES and I once had a discussion over a bottle of red about what age would you freeze them at if you could. 8 and 6 for us. No downside at that age and they are still a joy.

Anyone who doesn't want children has no soul.
    Then I have no soul. Nor do I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    No, she has this weird it's selfish to bring in a kid into this mental world/we don't ask to be born sort of thing.
    The dying alone thing..... not a good reason for having kids, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The dying alone thing..... not a good reason for having kids, in my opinion.
    Who will I leave my guitars too

Who will I leave my guitars too
    Apparently I will inherit about a dozen guitars in good time. I can knock out a few chords at best.

What I will do with a few Fenders, Epiphones, Music Man and Martin guitars is beyond me. The old man should sell them now for cold, hard cash and go on holiday imo.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

they look exhausted, miserable, broke, on the verge of divorce,

Yet they insist that we should have a kid. And when I say you are a good example of not having one they get offended

Then they say it's the greatest thing.
    Then I say I've just been on holiday and they look sad.
    This reads like an extract from The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime.

A great book if you've not read it. Talks a bit about the tube as well, so I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Then I have no soul. Nor do I want one.
    You should have a soul, Peter. You never know, you might be able to find one that knows something about goalkeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You can go for a pint with your teenager mind you.

Actually I go for a pint with the 10 year old.
    Do you use him as a homing device, sw?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Do you use him as a homing device, sw?
    Packet of crisps or nuts, sugar free soft drink. He may bring his iPad or play something on my phone and we will converse not 1 word.

A true modern day family scene.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    A true modern day family scene.
    the only time the kids speak is when the wifi goes down.

otherwise it merely a series of grunts.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Apparently I will inherit about a dozen guitars in good time. I can knock out a few chords at best.

What I will do with a few Fenders, Epiphones, Music Man and Martin guitars is beyond me. The old man should sell them now for cold, hard cash and go on holiday imo.
    Keep me updated.