Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I visit friends of ours who have recently had kids

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    See, I find this odd. Increasingly, I find I go to the pub specifically in order to be alone. Taking someone with me who hasn't even the merit of being able to go to the bar for me seems to defeat the object of going to the pub in the first place.
    I am talking about 1-2 pints here B, not double figures and dancing to Xmas songs like last Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I do see you turing into some sort of Harry Enfield character. It's not too late b to embrace the population and spread joy to some less fortunate souls by chatting to them in the pub.

They might just think you are a weirdo of course
    Perhaps, but as I get older, the number of people whose opinion of me I give a shít about has become vanishingly small, so - with respect - I couldn't really give a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am talking about 1-2 pints here B, not double figures and dancing to Xmas songs like last Friday.
    I'm talking about 1-2 pints also. I cherish my time at weekends when I just slope off to the pub for a couple. Sunday lunchtime's best. You get free sausages and nibbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    they look exhausted, miserable, broke, on the verge of divorce,

Yet they insist that we should have a kid. And when I say you are a good example of not having one they get offended

Then they say it's the greatest thing.
    Then I say I've just been on holiday and they look sad.
    They're doing it wrong, P. That's all.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You can go for a pint with your teenager mind you.

Actually I go for a pint with the 10 year old.
    I always took even my baby boys to the pub, with a hound or two as well to make sure they behaved themselves, kept quiet.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They're doing it wrong, P. That's all.
    I suspect so they treat the baby like a baby.
    it's 3 years old now

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I suspect so they treat the baby like a baby.
    it's 3 years old now
    Blame the parents, imo. Obviously they used their money to spoil their children rotten. And further, they then encouraged their children to spoil themselves with their own money. So naturally, now, they want to spoil their own kids too. But, of course, they don't really have enough money for it anymore because they spent it all spoiling themselves. So what you've ended up with is one kid (or even no kids) devouring the same time and resources as three or four used to.

Apparently it's complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I do NOT like being woken up. I wont tolerate it.

I would think the teenagers are a laugh. Ap ain in the arse, possibly, but I think I would find that funny. Although these days you cant give them a smack can you?

To be fair, I never liked being woken up but there are exceptions to that and kids aren't one of them.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    To be fair, I never liked being woken up but there are exceptions to that and kids aren't one of them.
    Right. My dogs wake me up; the children wake their mother up.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. My dogs wake me up; the children wake their mother up.

My dog never wakes me up and no, that would not be acceptable either
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman