Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I visit friends of ours who have recently had kids

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You either want kids, and take all the negatives and positives that go with it, as they will change your home and social life forever.
    Or you don't want kids, and are happy with the life you have. It isn't a half hearted decision
    I don't remember any decision at all. She seems to be turning out alright, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The dying alone thing..... not a good reason for having kids, in my opinion.
    Nope. Everyone dies alone when it comes down to it, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Packet of crisps or nuts, sugar free soft drink. He may bring his iPad or play something on my phone and we will converse not 1 word.

A true modern day family scene.
    We are as one on this, SW.

Little Master WES and I down our local every Sunday at 12pm. 2-3 pints of bitter for me, 2 pints of coke for Master WES and a large plate of fries which we share.

Chat on the way there, chat on the way back, at the pub itself we say nothing more than 'another drink?', 'crisps?', 'fries?' and 'time to go?'.

Proper father/son relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    We are as one on this, SW.

Little Master WES and I down our local every Sunday at 12pm. 2-3 pints of bitter for me, 2 pints of coke for Master WES and a large plate of fries which we share.

Chat on the way there, chat on the way back, at the pub itself we say nothing more than 'another drink?', 'crisps?', 'fries?' and 'time to go?'.

Proper father/son relationship.
    Is he not a footballer WES? Sumday is the day for having to drive all over the place watching various offspring kick a ball about
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Packet of crisps or nuts, sugar free soft drink. He may bring his iPad or play something on my phone and we will converse not 1 word.

A true modern day family scene.
    See, I find this odd. Increasingly, I find I go to the pub specifically in order to be alone. Taking someone with me who hasn't even the merit of being able to go to the bar for me seems to defeat the object of going to the pub in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    See, I find this odd. Increasingly, I find I go to the pub specifically in order to be alone. Taking someone with me who hasn't even the merit of being able to go to the bar for me seems to defeat the object of going to the pub in the first place.
    You should want to go to the pub to be sociable... not be the bitter old man in the corner that everyone stears clear of

Is he not a footballer WES? Sumday is the day for having to drive all over the place watching various offspring kick a ball about
    Sadly no, I blame Mrs WES.

And worse, he isn't any good at maths, either. He's likely to read - and I struggle to write this without a tear in my eye - history at Uni. He seems to be very good at it.

My son, an artsie.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Sadly no, I blame Mrs WES.

And worse, he isn't any good at maths, either. He's likely to read - and I struggle to write this without a tear in my eye - history at Uni. He seems to be very good at it.

My son, an artsie.
    So in other words he's gay..... poor WES jnr, being ****e at football... at least he gets his sporting prowess from his dad

You should want to go to the pub to be sociable... not be the bitter old man in the corner that everyone stears clear of
    Ugh! God, no! Being sociable is something you do when you're young and sort of have to. One of the joys of getting older is that I no longer feel any compunction whatsoever to be sociable. Indeed I now fiercely resent having to any sort of social occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ugh! God, no! Being sociable is something you do when you're young and sort of have to. One of the joys of getting older is that I no longer feel any compunction whatsoever to be sociable. Indeed I now fiercely resent having to any sort of social occasion.
    I do see you turing into some sort of Harry Enfield character. It's not too late b to embrace the population and spread joy to some less fortunate souls by chatting to them in the pub.

They might just think you are a weirdo of course