Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I visit friends of ours who have recently had kids

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    they look exhausted, miserable, broke, on the verge of divorce,

Yet they insist that we should have a kid. And when I say you are a good example of not having one they get offended

Then they say it's the greatest thing.
    Then I say I've just been on holiday and they look sad.
    Because it is quite clearly a ****ing nightmare and they dont see why you should get away with it.

I understand it is also very rewarding.

**** that, I dont want them. Looks like a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Because it is quite clearly a ****ing nightmare and they dont see why you should get away with it.

I understand it is also very rewarding.

**** that, I dont want them. Looks like a nightmare
    They are never really difficult, at least mine weren't. Even the 'sleepless nights' bit was a nonsense, I remember none of those. Some interrupted sleep? Sure, but that was easy enough to get used to.

Kids are a joy, I wish mine were young again. Teenagers are not a joy. Now I can't wait for them to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    They are never really difficult, at least mine weren't. Even the 'sleepless nights' bit was a nonsense, I remember none of those. Some interrupted sleep? Sure, but that was easy enough to get used to.

Kids are a joy, I wish mine were young again. Teenagers are not a joy. Now I can't wait for them to leave.
    Now the youngest is finally sleeping through-ish (was sick all over her mum last night and a temp 103F) it's a lot better. The 5 yr old is a doddle and a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Now the youngest is finally sleeping through-ish (was sick all over her mum last night and a temp 103F) it's a lot better. The 5 yr old is a doddle and a lot of fun.
    From about 3 - 8 they are the greatest things ever, a non-stop source of entertainment and fun. I never thought I could love something as much as I loved them at that age.

Mrs WES and I once had a discussion over a bottle of red about what age would you freeze them at if you could. 8 and 6 for us. No downside at that age and they are still a joy.

Anyone who doesn't want children has no soul.

From about 3 - 8 they are the greatest things ever, a non-stop source of entertainment and fun. I never thought I could love something as much as I loved them at that age.

Mrs WES and I once had a discussion over a bottle of red about what age would you freeze them at if you could. 8 and 6 for us. No downside at that age and they are still a joy.

Anyone who doesn't want children has no soul.
    Then I have no soul. Nor do I want one.

Then I have no soul. Nor do I want one.
    You should have a soul, Peter. You never know, you might be able to find one that knows something about goalkeeping.

I do NOT like being woken up. I wont tolerate it.

I would think the teenagers are a laugh. Ap ain in the arse, possibly, but I think I would find that funny. Although these days you cant give them a smack can you?

I do NOT like being woken up. I wont tolerate it.

I would think the teenagers are a laugh. Ap ain in the arse, possibly, but I think I would find that funny. Although these days you cant give them a smack can you?
    You can go for a pint with your teenager mind you.

Actually I go for a pint with the 10 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Plastered

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Do you use him as a homing device, sw?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”