Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any of you lot bought into the whole “smart home” thing and bought an amazon echo or

Any of you lot bought into the whole “smart home” thing and bought an amazon echo or

Google home? I’m struggling to find an excuse to buy one, but the thought of saying “Alexa, turn the lights off” does make me a bit giddy

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Google home? I’m struggling to find an excuse to buy one, but the thought of saying “Alexa, turn the lights off” does make me a bit giddy
    I can't see the point of it. Especially in England unless you have a modern home I suspect none of these actual features will actually work without a lot of faffing about.

my tv has a remote you can talk at it. I don't ever use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I can't see the point of it. Especially in England unless you have a modern home I suspect none of these actual features will actually work without a lot of faffing about.

my tv has a remote you can talk at it. I don't ever use it.
    I use mine to search on YouTube as it is quicker than typing.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I use mine to search on YouTube as it is quicker than typing.

Me too, SW! This is the first similarity I have found between us both. Perhaps we are related.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Me too, SW! This is the first similarity I have found between us both. Perhaps we are related.
    Be assured the first thing I shall do when I get home tonight is bin said remote.

However, given the season we are in may I wish you and all your despicable Saffa family a happy Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Be assured the first thing I shall do when I get home tonight is bin said remote.

However, given the season we are in may I wish you and all your despicable Saffa family a happy Xmas.

Oh and the same goes for you, SW. 'Tis the most wonderful time of the year.

These contraptions are abominations, bgm, on many levels. Apart from encouraging sloth they can be hacked, so anyone could be listening to anything said in your home. They have been known to respond to instructions from the television, and of course Amazon is closely connected to the CIA, with Google being not much better.

We've got one. A bit gimmicky but decent for low (sound) quality music (you can just ask it to play an artist / album / genre and it does) or ask for a weather forecast or quickly convert weights etc.

Turning my lights off? I've got several, very effective 'analogue' switches for that.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    We've got one. A bit gimmicky but decent for low (sound) quality music (you can just ask it to play an artist / album / genre and it does) or ask for a weather forecast or quickly convert weights etc.

Turning my lights off? I've got several, very effective 'analogue' switches for that.
    "What is 3 kilo in pounds?"

Don’t get it...it’s jus another way for the corporations to control you with their corporatinary stuff....