Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Thought Wilshere looked good last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Apparently the word 'fun' has been redefined to mean 'less of'. So a fun size mars bar is less of a mars bar. See also a 'fun fact'. Presumably this means less of a fact.

See Dave Gorman for more details.
    that makes sense, when someone says to be 'it will be fun' I actually do not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Super Milk, good for you.

Please don't try and claim you have never ordered a glass of milk to accompany your meal in a cafe or mid range restaurant. It would be akin to denying your Irish heritage.
    The nuns used to make us drink those little bottles of milk which had often sat in the sun all morning.

Milk has not passed my lips since I became adult enough to say 'no'.

I think we are at a really tough time for the club.
    {snip}
    Add to all that the realistic likelihood of failling to make the top four again at the time the commercial deals are up for renewal and we could lose out on quite a bit of monies, if one assumes that monies are a factor in a club's ability to succeed on the pitch. Maybe a few years in mid-table and falling share price will persuade the wig-botherer that it is time to sell up, and some slaver state or corporate gangster will step in and bankroll us to glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Add to all that the realistic likelihood of failling to make the top four again at the time the commercial deals are up for renewal and we could lose out on quite a bit of monies, if one assumes that monies are a factor in a club's ability to succeed on the pitch. Maybe a few years in mid-table and falling share price will persuade the wig-botherer that it is time to sell up, and some slaver state or corporate gangster will step in and bankroll us to glory.
    It’s all very weird A, from the season high of the Spurs victory it has kind of faded away so quickly, or faded back to bland reality as opposed to “faded away”.

I know a lot has been written about the valiant brilliance of the United defeat and yes we deserve some credit for the performance but I am probably alone in my firm view that we fully deserved to lose that game, football is a game played at both ends of the pitch and we defended for all 3 goals like rank amateurs. Southampton then was abysmal and for all the good fortune some will claim was absent from the United game was there in spades on the south coast.

Even Monty, our resident defend Wenger at all costs contributor, yesterday twice admitted the manager is failing in his most basic task of preparing and motivating the players. Yes ballsed it up in a nonsense drivel about Man City but the criticism was there.

Still, there is January and the window of opportunity to try and improve things though the status quo will remain while Wenger remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The nuns used to make us drink those little bottles of milk which had often sat in the sun all morning.

Milk has not passed my lips since I became adult enough to say 'no'.
    This problem goes further than nuns. As dairies were guarranteed sales to schools I suspect that the milk they delivered was not the freshest they had available to start with. To this day Ms A refuses to have anything milkier on her cereal than the dyed-white water in the red lid containers.

Despite having to endure this off-milk torture not only at school but at home as well (the old, rancid milk would have to be drunk before the fresher stuff) I somehow survived into adulthood without a fear of the nutritious goodness of a liquid designed to make small cows double in weight every few weeks.
    Last edited by Ash; 12-14-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think we're better off having guys like Wilshere and Iwobi in the team who genuinely want to be there and are at the right age.
    oh, do **** off, r
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Still, there is January and the window of opportunity to try and improve things though the status quo will remain while Wenger remains.
    whilst this shows a small shred of optimism, I have to ask "who the ****, of any decent quality, would sign up for The Arsenal right now?"
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    oh, do **** off, r

Iwobi is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Iwobi is rubbish.
    ****ing word, pv

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    whilst this shows a small shred of optimism, I have to ask "who the ****, of any decent quality, would sign up for The Arsenal right now?"
    I don’t appreciate the aggressive tone of your e-mail and given your professional background I am shocked. Let this be the proverbial shot across your bows.

Now, no idea.

I had a quick look the other night to see who we were going to sign and I am informed we will go again for Lemar though shrewdly we will offer less than before, we are going to sign Leon Goretzka despite him being wanted by others including United/Bayern/Barca and indeed a deal is struck at €35m for Steven N’Zonzi (the ex-Stoke and Blackburn player).

Now I defy you to read and absorb the above and not accept that the future is rosy?

p.s. N’Zonzi is actually quite / very good, the Stoke thing was merely for effect.