Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Add to all that the realistic likelihood of failling to make the top four again at the time the commercial deals are up for renewal and we could lose out on quite a bit of monies, if one assumes that monies are a factor in a club's ability to succeed on the pitch. Maybe a few years in mid-table and falling share price will persuade the wig-botherer that it is time to sell up, and some slaver state or corporate gangster will step in and bankroll us to glory.
It’s all very weird A, from the season high of the Spurs victory it has kind of faded away so quickly, or faded back to bland reality as opposed to “faded away”.

I know a lot has been written about the valiant brilliance of the United defeat and yes we deserve some credit for the performance but I am probably alone in my firm view that we fully deserved to lose that game, football is a game played at both ends of the pitch and we defended for all 3 goals like rank amateurs. Southampton then was abysmal and for all the good fortune some will claim was absent from the United game was there in spades on the south coast.

Even Monty, our resident defend Wenger at all costs contributor, yesterday twice admitted the manager is failing in his most basic task of preparing and motivating the players. Yes ballsed it up in a nonsense drivel about Man City but the criticism was there.

Still, there is January and the window of opportunity to try and improve things though the status quo will remain while Wenger remains.